• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Two Sta-Sharp 'Scout' knives SOLD//Moore Maker Post 2// BEST: Post 3

kootenay joe

BANNED
Made by Camillus for Sears, pre WW II
Craftsman tools were the best you could buy up until about the 1960's. The "Sta-Sharp" knives were the Top of the Line Craftsman knives and i think are the best knives that Camillus made.
Both are 3 5/8" and show signs of light use. All blades have just right walk & talk action and none have blade play.
Craftsman tools were bought to be used and most of the Sta-Sharp knives you will see show a lot of use and worn blades.

Craftsman Sta-Sharp 9548; "Camp" shield

Craftsman Sta-Sharp 9548, "Scout" shield

SOLD each, or, both for SOLD. PP fees and USPS Priority shipping are included.
Please PM or email me if interested.
kj

Last edited:
Sleeveboard Jack, 4", Clip & Spey. 1095 steel
Never used, close to Mint, very slight play on Clip when fully open. Blade play bugs me ! but here it is so slight, i find it acceptable. Would not be noticed when used to cut.

3 3/4" 3 blade, 3 spring Sowbelly 1095 steel
Never used, close to mint, Trailing Point blade has very slight blade play but not enough to bother me or feel when cutting.

Price: $150 for both, includes PP fees and USPS Priority shipping.

Edit to say: make an offer for just 1 if you prefer.
kj 0300 hrs PST
thanks, kj

Last edited:
3 7/8" Trapper Craftsman Sta-Sharp 9474; saber ground Clip & Spey blades. "Craftsman/Sta-Sharp 9474" etch, light but readable, nice walk & talk, solid 'lock-up', no play. I think this was made by Camillus but could have been early Schrade-Walden.

4" Schrade/Walden 881, etch "Craftsman9514/Professional Stockman"; peach seed jigged bone handles.
Close to mint, all blades W & T just as they should, no blade play.

Price: Stockman is SOLD/ Trapper $90 if paid by 1100 hrs PST so i can mail it today; includes PP fees and USPS Priority shipping.
kj

Last edited:
Thanks Paul. It's time for me to find new homes for as many knives as i can. I'm putting my best examples up for sale and i try to price reasonably so the buyers will be quite happy.
kj

The Craftsman S-W 881 Stock knife is SOLD. The Craftsman Trapper is still available.
kj

Back