• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Ultra Blue Sujihiki

Stuart Davenport Knives

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hey everyone, I have a personal knife that I want to pass on. I don't really want to, but the magnetic rack is too full! This is a sujihiki I made myself about a year ago. I wanted to check the edge retention of Ultra Blue, which is our nickname for 1.2562, the German equivalent of Super Blue, only with more tungsten. I sharpened it when I made it, and have only stropped it since then. It gets used for fajita slicing every single week and has held an amazing edge. Speaking of blue, the patina is still on the blade and because it was only used on cooked red protein, it has an amazing blue tint. If you prefer a clean blade, just let me know and I'll get rid of the patina and put a fresh polish on the blade. Heat treatment was done in house for a very fine carbide array and ultra fine grain structure. The hardness is almost "as quenched", 66HRC. The blade has a distal taper and a full flat grind, with a slight convex above the edge. The handle is black micarta with red g10 liners and balances right at my maker's mark. I absolutely love tungsten alloyed steels. The tungsten carbide adds wear resistance but you don't need special stones to sharpen it. They are harder than chromium carbides but not quite as hard as vanadium carbide. I wish the availability of this steel, and others like it, was better. I do have one more bar in case I get to missing this knife too much! This is a very special knife to me, and I know you're going to cherish it as well.

OAL: 13.5"
Blade: 9.5"
Handle: 4"
Thickness: 0.082"
Steel: 1.2562 Ultra Blue 66HRC
Edge: 12° per side, stropped to 4 micron CBN
Price: sold (includes plastic edge guard)

IMG_0230.jpg IMG_0231.jpg

Paypall preferred (samuraistuart@yahoo.com). All knives come with free shipping in the USA as well as a lifetime unconditional warranty. Something goes wrong, the knife gets repaired or replaced. I ask that the buyer be aware that most all of my knives are cutting tools and are made only for their intended use. I like to make thin, hard knives that excel at cutting and not necessarily able to take abuse. If you have any questions, feel free to DM me here or contact me by email (samuraistuart@yahoo.com). Thanks for taking a look, and follow me on Instagram at stuartalandavenport.

Last edited:
Back