Bocote - SOLD
5" blade

Purpleheart
6" blade

One SOLD and one left...

Price is $95 shipped ConUS and includes the tin. :thumbup:

Payment info here: http://www.kosterknives.com/payments.htm

Thanks!

Beauties! What's the steel? Have you any experience with sheaths/guards for these? Gotta keep the kiddies' fingers attached to their hands!

J-

oops...forgot to post that. The steel is 5160 and they were edge-quenched.

I can make a wooden stand upon request (add $30).

Thanks!

Bocote is SOLD - thanks! :thumbup:

Nice work Daniel:thumbup:! What is the width and thickness of the blade? Is the side of the blade kind of rough / pitted or, it just shows like it?

The thickness is around 0.220" near the handle and tapers toward the edge. The sides have a smooth brushed finish and the edges are rounded. The height (top of handle to edge) is 3". Each has a 6" blade. The finish is "as-forged" that has been carefully cleaned and prepared for kitchen use.

Thanks!

:thumbup:

last one still lookin' for a home. :thumbup:

You should name those blades "The Kosterizer" :D

LOL!!!

Last one still lookin' for a home...will make a great holiday gift!

LOL!!!

Last one still lookin' for a home...will make a great holiday gift!

Somebody should buy this. I got mine before Thanksgiving to give to my wife. I gave it to her in its very nice box. When I told her it was a knife (before she opened it), she rolled her eyes.

When she opened the box, she actually said "WOW!" and immediately put it to use chopping up dried bread for Yankee stuffing.

She used it steadily all weekend long, loves it.

Thank you, Dan!

Andy

I ended up with one of Daniels knives a while ago, I kind of messed it up. And he stood by his product in a way I still can hardly believe he is a wonderful guy as well is a very talented artist. This is a very specialized piece to be sure, but also a nice piece of art be displayed. I am considering it and would probably get the stand, which I'm sure is a bargain as well.

A couple things aren't clear to me though, how is the handle secured to the blade. What exactly is Heartwood and is the steel fairly stainless, the patina and texture of the raw finish is beautiful, but will it collect material and/or tarnish

Great questions - thanks!

The handle is mortised to accept the blade and it is secured with Acraglas (great for filling gaps). The wood is Purpleheart and has a satin polyurethane finish. The steel is 5160 that was forged to shape and retains its forging marks. It is not a stainless steel, but the black finish is quite permanent and won't be bothered by rust unless you leave it in a jar of water. The edge can be kept bright with some sandpaper, steel-wool, brillo pad, etc. I make these to be users that require very little maintenance. Hot, soapy water after use will keep it in good condition. Over time, it will pick up more patina.

Thanks for all the kind words!

Back