Banned By Request
Mansfield.jpg

IGP2111.jpg

IGP2117.jpg

IGP2123.jpg

IGP2127.jpg

A) Really well bolted together A+
B) Well machined / finished A+
C) Edge was average for scandi , especially near the tip 1 inch or so was Ho Hum .
D) Slip joint knife .
E) The first picture represents the true color of the scales .. ( editing they went green )
It's not a traditional knife , does not look nor feel traditional . It's not uncomfortable to hold , just feels ..... different !
It's Scandi D2 .. & I promised myself , if I saw another affordable scandi folder I would make it mine . And here we are !
I have stropped the knife to clean up the edge some . It's really wet weather at the moment . So another knife on the back burner for rope slicing . ( If this weather continues , there will be a back log )

Nothing to complain about , knife was surprisingly well made and bolted together . Just a little Ho Hum on the forward part of the blade , but that's no deal breaker !

I might have mentioned that the factory edge was some what ordinary ?
I stropped the edge till it sliced (rope) paper in a satisfactory manner .
Then I cut rope !
After some 550 slices the edge had enough ..
550 from a Scandi edge and no roll . ( Hello Morakniv )
Looks like Gerber pulled the pin on this one , and brought a very decent knife to market ! ( My sample )

Also , looks like the edge will strop back .. Sorry , my arms are tired .. All that rope slicing .. Just did a quick strop to see if the edge improves .

Gerber Mansfield D2 Scandi = A keeper !
I was a little worried I might be ripped again ( Morakniv ) , but no ! Instead I got a knife well worth the money .

All those Garberg fan boys might want to look at the Mansfield ! ( get it ? )

Last edited:
Back