Union suit ?

I have worn one piece long underwear "Union suits" off and on for decades. It was time to buy again so I am sitting in a fire engine red Duo.... that states it to be partially wool. It seems fine, no complaints. And I just ordered a Carh.... "waffle pattern", which is supposed to be heavier weight. I sure hope that it is like the waffle thermal pattern of years back. I recently tried to go with separate upper and lowers and was very disappointed with a mid weight lower by Duo.... It felt and looked like women's leotards. It's tiresome trying to get the quality of days past, and sizing that isn't geared towards a Chinese male, or a bicycle racer. Are you a suit man ? I didn't give complete brand names with consideration for the sites non advertising policy, but you are smart enough to put it together.

The "Realtree" separates sold at Walmart in the hunting department for ~$11 are a good option. They are heavier than Hanes and Fruit of Loom alternatives as seen in the clothing section of the store.

Personally, I prefer the separates so I have better thermal regulation since I can take the top off easily in a parking lot or other public space. I also find I typically benefit most from the thermal bottoms as it is easy to throw on a sweatshirt on light fleece if things cool down.

I gave up on them when I couldn't find the "flap" style. The "slit" doesn't cut it.

Many years ago, a Duofold union suit was my go to base layer in cold weather. It featured the buttoned trap door, but I really don't see anything like it available today.

I gave up on them when I couldn't find the "flap" style. The "slit" doesn't cut it.
Understood. Peeling the suit down seems a poor but necessary alternative to not wearing my own mess. Everything seems designed for ease of manufacture these days. I don't trust the slit.

Many years ago, a Duofold union suit was my go to base layer in cold weather. It featured the buttoned trap door, but I really don't see anything like it available today.
Ya I got the Duofold with some percentage of wool in the outer layer. It's quite good. I popped the pooch when sick and I accidentally ordered two "Indera" unions. I just wanted to try one. My online ordering was a mess. I never did get the Carhartt to go through. Freakin Covid, what a joy to go through that ! I'll likely pop for another Duofold. It's three times the quality of the others.

Back