• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Unique Liner Lock - 'Dart Frog' - WTT/WTS (SOLD)

BogdanS

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello dear brothers,

As for a very long time i am looking to get such a watch but never really afforded the luxury i thought this trade might interest someone and we might end in a win-win situation; of course that if you want to simply buy it then there will be very good too ;)

Although these little folding rascals are eating my nerves and time i cannot stop making them from time to time; i think this is becoming the hobby inside my knifemaking 'job'. Thanks good God each time i manage to take them to an end and that's very good for my conscience upload_2020-8-7_23-46-34.gif

Here we go with the latest i finished and i named it ' 'Dart Frog' just because i liked how a golden eyed dart frog would look once engraved onto a blade upload_2020-8-7_23-46-34.gif

The liners are machined stainless steel (kit) , the scales are made to imitate frog's colors with the green/black spotted back and a darker belly - stabilized and dyed 'amazon forest' wood & black micarta, buffed to a nice gloss.
the blade is a fully handmade 80crv2 carbon steel one and features a handmade dart frog engraving. For a little detail i made frog's eye using brass and buffed it to a golden finish.

The knife is not perfect nor that i do pretend it is but it is for sure a nice and exclusive handmade knife to own and carry.

Overall the knife measures 7.7" with an app 3.35" blade.

I would like to trade this for a SUUNTO Core or similar wrist watch used or not or similar brand that has the following functions: Storm Alarm, thermometer, altimeter, barometer and to be waterproof (not diving depth). If anyone interested PM or write here.

OR

I would like to sell it for 140 usd.

All the best brothers, God bless,
Bogdan

1.JPG

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-7_23-46-34.gif
    upload_2020-8-7_23-46-34.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 22
    43 bytes · Views: 13
    43 bytes · Views: 11
Looks like a nice folder, have to ask, how’s the action, lock-up? Flips easy, drop shut or a little stiffer? Really wish I was into watches because I’d be sporting a new folder.

woodysone woodysone - thanks for asking my dear brother!

Indeed it has a little stiffer action, it opens with one hand by pushing the protrusion and then snaping it to it's back ;). It locks safely but as for all my folders i do not recommend them as being workhorses as i did not designed it with this idea in mind.
I would say it has a nice action but i am always standing behind all my knives in case someone is not happy although thanks good God i had no complains yet in many years.

The 'buy it now' price of 140 usd pays just part of all the manual labor i put into it let's not talk about the engravings and materials. Anyhow i would 100 times prefer for someone to put it to good use rather than stay onto my desk just because i am stubborn enough to sell it for whatever i think it deserves. If 140 looks too much i would gladly accept any reasonable offer at least i will get money for materials to make others and a brother would enjoy all the work i put into this guy here :)

All and only the best, God bless,
Bogdan

Bogdan, that is a really nice knife. We all know it is a bargain and I hope you get what you want.

mycough mycough - thank you very much my dear brother, you are too kind! ;)

All the best, God bless,
Bogdan

Q qwerty13 - i am sorry my dear brother but i only make folders here and there in between my usual knives. With God's good will I will for sure have others made in the near future ;)

Thank you very much my friends for the encouraging words, you are so kind!

All the best, God bless,
Bogdan

Back