1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Unique Liner Lock - 'Dart Frog' - WTT/WTS (SOLD)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Folders' started by BogdanS, Aug 7, 2020.

1. BogdanS

BogdanS

Jan 11, 2015
    Hello dear brothers,

As for a very long time i am looking to get such a watch but never really afforded the luxury i thought this trade might interest someone and we might end in a win-win situation; of course that if you want to simply buy it then there will be very good too ;)

Although these little folding rascals are eating my nerves and time i cannot stop making them from time to time; i think this is becoming the hobby inside my knifemaking 'job'. Thanks good God each time i manage to take them to an end and that's very good for my conscience upload_2020-8-7_23-46-34.gif

Here we go with the latest i finished and i named it ' 'Dart Frog' just because i liked how a golden eyed dart frog would look once engraved onto a blade upload_2020-8-7_23-46-34.gif

The liners are machined stainless steel (kit) , the scales are made to imitate frog's colors with the green/black spotted back and a darker belly - stabilized and dyed 'amazon forest' wood & black micarta, buffed to a nice gloss.
    the blade is a fully handmade 80crv2 carbon steel one and features a handmade dart frog engraving. For a little detail i made frog's eye using brass and buffed it to a golden finish.

The knife is not perfect nor that i do pretend it is but it is for sure a nice and exclusive handmade knife to own and carry.

Overall the knife measures 7.7" with an app 3.35" blade.

I would like to trade this for a SUUNTO Core or similar wrist watch used or not or similar brand that has the following functions: Storm Alarm, thermometer, altimeter, barometer and to be waterproof (not diving depth). If anyone interested PM or write here.

OR

I would like to sell it for 140 usd.

All the best brothers, God bless,
    Bogdan

1.JPG

Attached Files:

2. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Looks like a nice folder, have to ask, how’s the action, lock-up? Flips easy, drop shut or a little stiffer? Really wish I was into watches because I’d be sporting a new folder.

badglide9705 likes this.
  3. BogdanS

BogdanS

Jan 11, 2015
    @woodysone - thanks for asking my dear brother!

Indeed it has a little stiffer action, it opens with one hand by pushing the protrusion and then snaping it to it's back ;). It locks safely but as for all my folders i do not recommend them as being workhorses as i did not designed it with this idea in mind.
    I would say it has a nice action but i am always standing behind all my knives in case someone is not happy although thanks good God i had no complains yet in many years.

The 'buy it now' price of 140 usd pays just part of all the manual labor i put into it let's not talk about the engravings and materials. Anyhow i would 100 times prefer for someone to put it to good use rather than stay onto my desk just because i am stubborn enough to sell it for whatever i think it deserves. If 140 looks too much i would gladly accept any reasonable offer at least i will get money for materials to make others and a brother would enjoy all the work i put into this guy here :)

All and only the best, God bless,
    Bogdan

Lance Leon, mycough and woodysone like this.
  4. mycough

mycough Basic Member Basic Member

May 20, 2007
    Bogdan, that is a really nice knife. We all know it is a bargain and I hope you get what you want.

5. BogdanS

BogdanS

Jan 11, 2015
    @mycough - thank you very much my dear brother, you are too kind! ;)

All the best, God bless,
    Bogdan

6. qwerty13

qwerty13

Feb 10, 2005
    I hate missing out on this. Do you have anything similar?

7. BogdanS

BogdanS

Jan 11, 2015
    @qwerty13 - i am sorry my dear brother but i only make folders here and there in between my usual knives. With God's good will I will for sure have others made in the near future ;)

Thank you very much my friends for the encouraging words, you are so kind!

All the best, God bless,
    Bogdan

8. Weasipoint

Weasipoint Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Aug 8, 2019
    Is this still available?