United Cutlery: Combat Commander Gladiator

Looks like only 2mm, according to the spec sheet here: http://www.knifecenter.com/item/UC3009/united-cutlery-combat-commander-gladiator-sword-uc3009 :grumpy::(

UC3009c.jpg

Last edited:
they're on the market now. I want to hear from sone one who has handled one in person

For $30 why not. Its price is the same as the CS Gladius which I have so I may get one to play with and compare. The blade thickness of the CS Gladius is 2.8mm so if the blade is thinner but the UC sword is lighter. The blade thickness should not be a concern if the steel is properly heat treated. Most machetes which is basically what this sword is are 2mm thick. As a backyard cutter it should be fine.

Last edited:
Whether 2 or 3mm, I agree that it'll work just fine as a cutter. However, I got excited when I read the 3/16" figure because that would make it more like a true short sword and less like a machete. :(

Whether 2 or 3mm, I agree that it'll work just fine as a cutter. However, I got excited when I read the 3/16" figure because that would make it more like a true short sword and less like a machete. :(

^ that's exactly, precisely what I was thinking. I don't need another machete. I have 4, all of which are MUCH higher quality than this thing could possibly be at that price point. I was hoping for a low budget swordlike-object.

Both are reasonably priced. Time for a machete-off, to see who is the King of the "machetes that somewhat resemble the Roman gladius" :D

Why are gladii so pop right now!

FINE THEN, Mr. Falcon. Gladius inc. :grumpy:

My inner mall ninja yearns for a budget, sword like, gladius... :D

It sounds like this is too "machete" and not enough "sword" though. :(

Back