• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad UnitedOutdoors seller on ebay

Bought what I thought was a Spyderco Yohimbo 2 from UnitedOutdoors on eBay. Took me until now to determine it is a fake. Tried reaching out to UnitedOutdoors for resolution and they have no interest in helping.

Did you report it directly to ebay as being fake? They're pretty good about making things right.

How long ago was this purchase? Since you said it took you until now to figure it out, that could be a relevant factor

How long ago was this purchase? Since you said it took you until now to figure it out, that could be a relevant factor
Hi, yes, it was purchased in MAy 2020, ebay only steps in to help for 30 days from purchase date.

I'm not sure refusing a return/refund on a knife purchase almost a year ago warrants a "bad" tag, feedback-wise. Most sellers who accept returns place a limit on them, often 14 or 30 days.

Agree with this. At some point we have to own our mistakes and move on.

Sorry to hear this, I made a purchase with them a while back and all went great.

I would not expect any seller to take a return or refund on a knife bought a year ago. However, it does stink if it is a fake.
How about posting some pics here so everyone can check it out? Why are you confident it is a fake?

Bought what I thought was a Spyderco Yohimbo 2 from UnitedOutdoors on eBay. Took me until now to determine it is a fake. Tried reaching out to UnitedOutdoors for resolution and they have no interest in helping.

Your past any possibility for resolution and you really can't expect them to do anything almost a year later. Post some pictures. It's unfortunate you didn't research sooner.

Have bought from them a few times with no issues

Back