UNK Gets its first deer!

I was hunting yerterday and as usual had the UNK along in addition to a larger knife. I used the UNK to trim branches to clear a firing lane, open food packages, cut cord for drag lines and ultimately field dress a whitetail deer. One and a half whitetail deer to be exact.
The guy next to me took two does and I didn't even get a shot. So, the knife doesn't know who shot the deer. My friends were amazed at the cutting ability of the knife. Being my first field dress with the UNK, I was impressed with the control and cutting ability that Scott was referring to. And, my handle is 1/2 inch shorter. One of the kids who was gutting his deer with a Winchester brand fixed blade with gut hook, only got halfway through his deer when the knife went dull. He asked to use the UNK. He also made short work of his deer.
The larger knife I had along never got unsheathed except to show the guys what I was carrying.
If you're thinking of getting a UNK, don't hesitate, it can do it all. Great work Scott.
UNKdeer.jpg

IMG_2851.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome bro. I was really impressed also with the design as a deer hunting knife. Thanks for posting.
Scott

I love using my WPSK for field dressing. I bet the UNK blade made some fast work of those deer. We might need to start carrying Gossman business cards during hunting season.

Yeah, Bill. Most people aren't used to seeing that kind of cutting performance unless they are knife gurus. My one friend credited the knife's performance to my ability to sharpen. They know nothing of grind and edge geometry. I wish I had the where with all to put Scott's knives in more people's hands. Just not knife people, we can't convert everyone, but I'm working on it.

I have cleaned many deer and other game with Gossman Knives in front of other hunters. And it never fail that someone or several there say "Hey man let me look at that knife". I gifted my cousin with a PSK SR last year. Made him a instant convert. Last I talked to him he has buthchered 5 deer and a gator and no problems hit the strop a couple of times and he is back to shaving sharp.

Back