Unk

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
I have 3 UNK's available for sale. I still have to make sheaths for two of them. They are all CPM S35 VN steel, 7" overall with a 3 1/4" blade, 3" cutting edge, 1/8" thick by 1" wide. One has brown canvas micarta/brick liners, one with natural canvas micarta/brick liners and one red linen micarta/black liners. All will have leather pouch sheaths.
$232.00 shipped
I will be posting these for sale on my website when I finish getting the online store updated.
Scott

Glad I was able to pull the trigger on the brown one. I've been wanting one of these for a while.
Thanks Scott, looking forward to it.
Alan

You guys won't be disappointed. Love mine and mines just run of the mill A2, not that super steel. :D

It has arrived, thanks Scott! I can see this one is going to be used quite a bit.
@Shotgun, from what I can tell, Scott's A2 just might be a super steel!:D

One thing I notice about the CPM steels when I put the final cutting edge on them is that there is no wire edge to remove. They have the smoothest, sharpest edge of any steel I ever worked with. I have worked with more then 10 different steels over the years. CPM steel is some of the finest grain steel out there.
Scott

So far, I am truly impressed! For me, it seems to be the perfect combination of steel, grind, handle shape, and blade shape/size. It's already prepared dinner and done some backyard whittling (fuzz sticks, notching, carving, etc.). I will do a review at some point with pics, but I was so blown away that I thought an immediate response was deserved (given my minimal post count over the past few years you could say I don't speak unless I really feel I have something worth sharing:D). Thanks again, Scott. I couldn't have asked for a better "edged tool". :thumbup:

Alan

Edit to add: The sheath is top notch as well! (couldn't let the leather go unnoticed)

Last edited:
Received mine yesterday. The fit and finish of the sheath is excellent. The craftsmanship of the knife is perfect. This is my first gossman and I'm hooked! I love the grippyness of the handle. I have other micarta handles that are very slick, not this one. Thanks Scott for a great knife.

The fat handle, in addition to the grip and the overall feel of the UNK make it a great knife. The knife has a great "flow" to it.

Back