Unknown Throwing Knives

Hello,

I have to unidentified throwing knives. One is about 9 1/16" long and says "Super Thrower" and then it has a pine tree and then it says "Stainless Steel Japan". The other one is 10 1/4". On the blade it says "Import, Ths" (with a circle around the Ths) and on the other side it says "warranted". Any information would be great

Super Thrower:

superthrower.jpg

Ths:

ths.jpg

Thanks!

Curtis, it seems no one has gotten back to you on these. I'm afraid I can not be much help either. The first knife is a very common shape I've seen in catalogs like Atlanta Cutlery and Smokey Mtn. Its a good shape actually, and might be a pretty good thrower if its thick enough. At 9.5" it should weigh somewhere between 8 and 10 ounces which would make it probably a good 3/16" thick, but at least 1/8". If it isn't that thick, its just a POS thrower, but it is a nice design.

The second knife is not necessarily a thrower at all, though like many spear-point shaped blades, it looks handy to throw, at least from the blade. From the handle it wouldn't work very well at all thanks to the swelled pommel. Otherwise, it looks like a common if somewhat long bladed boot knife. Again its quality as a thrower would depend on its over all weight - is it heavy? Also, I'd watch out because if it isn't properly heat treated like a thrower (46-50 or so RC) it will be too brittle and the tip will break on you. I like the handle wrap and sheath though...

Back