Unreal this knife is

Good looking knife. Looks like it has really nice geometry.

Your video provides first rate advertising for the knife and maker. Makes me wonder if I can justify one of those for myself. I don't cut a lot of free hanging rope, but that's quite a testament to edge geometry and heat treatment, and might justify a hundred feet or so of 1" rope just for fun!

Your video provides first rate advertising for the knife and maker. Makes me wonder if I can justify one of those for myself. I don't cut a lot of free hanging rope, but that's quite a testament to edge geometry and heat treatment, and might justify a hundred feet or so of 1" rope just for fun!
The man who made it is Ray Kirk, his brand is Raker Knives. Very nice man and an excellent bladesmith. He forges pretty much all his blades from 52100, which in my limited experience has proven to be an incredibly durable metal. I've chopped some 2x4s with it and the edge remains very sharp. Here's a video of ringing bottles with it

Ray is an excellent maker! I have one of his knives - not this size - that is as solid as they come, very well made. As I recall, he has been profiled in BLADE magazine at least once. Very cool!

Ray is an excellent maker! I have one of his knives - not this size - that is as solid as they come, very well made. As I recall, he has been profiled in BLADE magazine at least once. Very cool
Ray is awesome. I have another blade he made that is a massive 19" business end 17" handle panabas that's so tough and choptastic that I could probably jaws-of-life someone out of a wrecked car with it if I had to. It's just great

Back