• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad "Unregistered" Rockstead knives: Your warranty is VOID.

Yes.

Sometimes people believe they make great knives but they hate dealing with nit picking OCD knife owners.

Therein lies the problem, "believe". They should "know" that their steel and HT are good and not just "believe" that it is. It has been my understanding from the study that I have done that a knifemaker should break the first knife to examine it so that they "know" for a fact that the steel and HT are good. That way they don't have to just "believe" that it is.
But that doesn't have anything to do with nit pickers. I would ignore them because the OP is the only person that has the right to nit pick. But if the steel and HT are good, they will be good no matter who owns the knife. IMHO

Therein lies the problem, "believe". They should "know" that their steel and HT are good and not just "believe" that it is. It has been my understanding from the study that I have done that a knifemaker should break the first knife to examine it so that they "know" for a fact that the steel and HT are good. That way they don't have to just "believe" that it is.
But that doesn't have anything to do with nit pickers. I would ignore them because the OP is the only person that has the right to nit pick. But if the steel and HT are good, they will be good no matter who owns the knife. IMHO
I highly doubt that their warranty has anything to do with their products being badly heat treated or built, at least in the case of Rockstead. More likely, they simply want to avoid having to warranty as many knives as possible, and limit the number of cases where they have to work on returned knives and how much/what type of work they end up doing on said knives.

It's not always about knives being bad by design or by manufacturer's choice - production is never perfect. 1 out of 100 or 1000 will probably have some form of flaw, or it might be damaged by the user. In either case, they're just trying to shift responsibility away from themselves as much as possible.

I highly doubt that their warranty has anything to do with their products being badly heat treated or built, at least in the case of Rockstead. More likely, they simply want to avoid having to warranty as many knives as possible, and limit the number of cases where they have to work on returned knives and how much/what type of work they end up doing on said knives.

It's not always about knives being bad by design or by manufacturer's choice - production is never perfect. 1 out of 100 or 1000 will probably have some form of flaw, or it might be damaged by the user. In either case, they're just trying to shift responsibility away from themselves as much as possible.

I understand it to a point. I have seen brand new parts fail, people with oil smoke blowing from the tailpipe expecting a tune-up/oil change to make it pass inspection, and a guy haggling with a hotel manager for 2 hours for a discount. So I know how some people are. :)

At Rockstead's price point there shouldn't be any flaws, and their knives should be able to cut a car in half, then chop down dozen of trees and still shave afterwards...

I believe for life means as long as Busse is open and in business they will replace it or repair it. I Believe Busse has stated that he hasn't ever denied a warranty. That's impressive considering the one guy shot his with high powered rifle and it destroyed it but they still fixed it.

Busse? I thought this was a Rockstead thread?

At Rockstead's price point there shouldn't be any flaws, and their knives should be able to cut a car in half, then chop down dozen of trees and still shave afterwards...
Indeed, the performance of Unobtainium should be spectacular. :thumbsup:

Busse? I thought this was a Rockstead thread?
I think they used Busse as a good example...
You can also use ESEE as a good example...
Majority of manufacturers have way better warranty, despite the prices.

If you buy something premium, you want to be treated well as a valuable customer, but not everyone thinks like that I guess.

I think they used Busse as a good example...
You can also use ESEE as a good example...
Majority of manufacturers have way better warranty, despite the prices.

If you buy something premium, you want to be treated well as a valuable customer, but not everyone thinks like that I guess.

Hey S Smiling , I do realize whats going on here. Haha. Just making a funny. There are tons of companies with amazing warranties, just not sure if we should be turning the thread into a “busse is best” or “esee is best” or “CRK is best“ thread.

It is at least the second time the “Busse” name has been brought up in a Rockstead thread.

Hey S Smiling , I do realize whats going on here. Haha. Just making a funny. There are tons of companies with amazing warranties, just not sure if we should be turning the thread into a “busse is best” or “esee is best” or “CRK is best“ thread.

It is at least the second time the “Busse” name has been brought up in a Rockstead thread.
I see your point my friend :)

There's no clear best out there I'd say.
But warranty wise... Rockstead is far from the best.

Back