• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Update? on Andrew Kunz (banned) and GreatKnives Great Prices

I am new here and this is my first post.

I am wondering if anybody has an update on Andrew Kunz. I still bother him regularly about getting my $262.95 back or to have my Microtech Ultratech Black Tanto P/S shipped as promised that I ordered last September 20, 2008. Unfortunately I ordered it amidst the now infamous "Good, Bad & Ugly" section of the archive here.

I hope this is not a sore subject and hope not to open old wounds but sometimes things need to be brought up again. I heard the Feds got involved but then, nothing.

It sure would be nice to know the latest on him as his myspace page does not have his status as "JAILED" as it should be.

I apologize if this should not be brought up again and if the moderator deletes this post and bans me I would understand but I just have to know if anybody got their problems resolved.

Thanks all.

An old wound but far from a forbidden topic. Sorry you got scammed. We have a lot of others here who share your grief. We have a subforum for this kind of complaint: FEEDBACK - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. I will move this thread to the associated Hall of Shame where Andrew Kunz resides.

Also beware of anyone from Ryiadh, Suadi Arabia.

I have further update!

After months of Andrew ignoring me and my e-mails, I sent an e-mail entitled "Knife Wanted". He obviously did not read the entire thing but the first few lined of it said that I was looking a knife. HE REPLIED!

Seems he is still in business and now goes by "Drew". He acknowledged that he did not send a knife as of 09/20/2008 and offered to send one different than I ordered. It is a start but now again he is not replying to my requests.

Furthermore, I received a call from his local Sheriff's office with a case number against him!

The e-mail looks like this and it is legit as I called them:

Mr LaFave,

This email is to advise you that HCSO has begun an investigation on Great Knives Great Prices and Andrew Kunz.

HCSO case# 09-446083

Diane L. Cooper 7873
Hillsborough Co. Sheriff's Office
Criminal Investigations Div.
Economic Crimes Section
(813)247-8785 fax (813)247-8770
dcooper@hcso.tampa.fl.us

It seems complaints finally were too numerous to ignore.

I will keep all of you posted.

Back