UPDATED: BladeForums Special Edition Skyline interest thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will not be standard Sandvik, if the only change is handle color, what's the point right?

We'll have a different steel, different handle color and some sort of marking (tastefully done!) at the least.

How significantly would it drop (I know you can't/won't be too specific)?

To be honest, I'd buy 2 @ $75 each long before I would buy 1 @ $110.

The $110 issue isn't a matter of being out of people's reach(because it isn't), it's a matter of paying 3x what the cost of the regular knife is. The skyline is a low cost, sleek, lightweight EDC. No matter what you do to it without changing it radically, it will remain that.

Blue or Ghost Jade G10 are still what I'd like to see. I don't really care if the steel is Sandvik, S30V, or CM-154, but Stonewashed or some kind of DLC would be awesome. I am not at all opposed to marking similar to the traditional folder forum knife done every year as long as it's done tastefully. That, aside from the alternate scales/steel, is what sets it apart from your standard Skylines and visually supports the forum as the profit would financially do so.

How significantly would it drop (I know you can't/won't be too specific)?

To be honest, I'd buy 2 @ $75 each long before I would buy 1 @ $110.

The $110 issue isn't a matter of being out of people's reach(because it isn't), it's a matter of paying 3x what the cost of the regular knife is. The skyline is a low cost, sleek, lightweight EDC. No matter what you do to it without changing it radically, it will remain that.
I'm not willing to discuss what the exact price would go down to, because we don't know how much the knife costs exactly yet. If all 600 were sold, and I mean hard "everyone has put down a deposit and there are none left unaccounted for" then I'd significantly drop the price, 20% at least. If I'm stuck with 200 knives, though, that's a no-go.

Here is my 2 cents: Kershaw 1760BFC

Blade steel choices:
CPM154
CPMS35VN
Or something from else from BU (around the same cost as the other 2)

Finish:
Stonewashed
Satin
Parkerized/DLC

No Bead Blast

G10 Color:
Pale Blue
Digital Camo
Forrest Green

I think what would move this along even better is to pick 3 steels, 3 possible finishes, and 3 colors of G10
Pick from those. Otherwise, you going to have pele saying they want S90V or 110V, 9V, etc. Spark, I'll throw down a deposit to help make this happen.

Glad you and Dave resolved everything. Sorry it got out of hand.

Stonewashed S30V (or CPM 154CM) and Blue G10 would be my choice. Markings on the tang similar to the annual Traditionals would be perfect. Or as RevDevil suggests included in the model number. Just need to add 2012 some how.

Last edited:
Blue or blue smoke g-10 handle, small BF logo, damascus. S30 v is overkill for a small, value, production collector (collector?)

Maybe once you get some pricing ideas on other steels you can start throwing up polls.

Personally? No bead blast. No sandvik. Those are the reasons I don't get a regular one.

Stonewashed s30v. Blue g10 for the forum colors. Pretty much covers it....

Edit... include BF in the model number, and I would be happy with that as far as logos go. Just something small, but you know its there to distinguish it as unique.

XHP or M390
Silver or blue twill CF
Stonewashed blade
fancy blue or fancy silver BF lanyard
laser engraved BF nomenclature of some kind on the blade or maybe cnc/laser it into scales
Deep carry pocket clip (graft ZT 0560 clip on or scale 0560 clip to fit/something other than the ugly std clip)

And yeah...I'll throw down a deposit too to get mine secured...

I feel that the 110 dollar price tag is going to put people off. I think because its over 3 times the cost of the original its hard for me to justify it with only blade steel and some more lazer work. I understand the price reflects your investment and risk but at 110 I may or may not get one. Id be curious to hear what the lower price would be. If this was around the 60-70 price range like other s30v models i think sales would be much better and people would be buying multiples.

What do you mean by this, have any examples?

I can provide pictures if that helps...CRK uses "fancy silver" or "fancy blue" lanyards on their Sebenzas and Umnumzaans. I thought a BFC fancy bead of some sort...like Ricks maybe with a BFC theme to it or something of the like.
IMAG0431.jpg

$110 totally kills the deal for me. It's a $35 knife at Wally World! With all due respect, $75 for S30v and a blue handle on a $35 knife? I only spent $95 for the Para2 that's sitting in my pocket right now and it's arguably a much better knife.

$110 totally kills the deal for me. It's a $35 knife at Wally World! With all due respect, $75 for S30v and a blue handle on a $35 knife? I only spent $95 for the Para2 that's sitting in my pocket right now and it's arguably a much better knife.

No disrespect intended...but I think what the price point folks are missing is the limited edition point of it all. I paid $100 for my Spyderco Military...I just paid $240 for the same knife (more or less) with M390 on it and peel ply carbon fiber. Maybe to me its all about perspective and to others its "just a knife".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back