UPDATED: BladeForums Special Edition Skyline interest thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to pre-order one of these bad boys. The Skyline was my first quality tool with an edge ever, so there's a brotherly connection between the design and me.

Count me in!

I'm pretty interested. I'll be watching for the pre-order info and confirmation of specs. My regular production Skyline didn't thrill me all that much, but S30v and blue G10 might change my mind.

Not sure I want to prepay for two, but definitely in for at least one. Thanks for all your hard work.

Sounds good to me. I'd pay upfront for option A. I had been considering getting a gold membership anyway, and I don't have a skyline yet. This seems like a great next knife for me.

K-Dog:

Any decision yet about the inclusion or non-inclusion of a BF marking on the knife?

thanks
me

Ok, El Sparko Diablo will gets ma money, as soon as we settle on what we are getting, or, when he says, "I wants ma monies".

Moose

Ok guy, I'm going to wrap this up in another day or two, and will start taking pre-orders.

Okay it's been pretty much two days. Update?

Also
Kershaw Forum members would have first crack. Ideally I'd like you guys to have some sort of Kershaw Mafia marking on it, but it's not a requirement.

Since you said they'd get first chance, what's entailed in being a Kershaw forum member? I post here every now and again and look at the posts often. I looked at the announcements and stickies and I don't see anything there.

Since you said they'd get first chance, what's entailed in being a Kershaw forum member? I post here every now and again and look at the posts often. I looked at the announcements and stickies and I don't see anything there.

I don't mean to put words in anyone's mouth, but it was my guess that he means to post the preorder info here in the Kershaw forum before posting it site-wide and bringing it to everyone's attention (also with Facebook, etc.). That I know of, there is no official Kershaw membership, just a bunch of "regulars" who spend a lot of their time in this particular forum.

I don't mean to put words in anyone's mouth, but it was my guess that he means to post the preorder info here in the Kershaw forum before posting it site-wide and bringing it to everyone's attention (also with Facebook, etc.). That I know of, there is no official Kershaw membership, just a bunch of "regulars" who spend a lot of their time in this particular forum.

Ah if so that's cool by me! I'm watching this thread and the whole subforum here. I don't do facebook though or anything like that but so long as it's posted here, I figure I can get one. ;) I figured here is where it would get posted, I hadn't considered it going outside this but I guess the more exposure it gets the better in the end.

Kershaw Forum members would have first crack. Ideally I'd like you guys to have some sort of Kershaw Mafia marking on it, but it's not a requirement.

I'm pretty sure the Kershaw Mafia involves something like 12 or 13 people. I think it would be more appropriate to name something based on it being a Kershaw (sub)forum thing or blade forums thing. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Ah if so that's cool by me! I'm watching this thread and the whole subforum here. I don't do facebook though or anything like that but so long as it's posted here, I figure I can get one. ;) I figured here is where it would get posted, I hadn't considered it going outside this but I guess the more exposure it gets the better in the end.

Yeah, I imagine the initial few hundred will probably go fast, but it seems Spark has his concerns about the whole batch getting snapped up right away. I know I wouldn't want to have a ton of money tied up in these for months on end, so hopefully everyone goes crazy and buys them out without too much delay. We've all got to do our part to make sure venture is a success! :p:D

I'm pretty sure the Kershaw Mafia involves something like 12 or 13 people. I think it would be more appropriate to name something based on it being a Kershaw (sub)forum thing or blade forums thing. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Nah, I think the Mafia thing got nixed several pages back. With there being 500 knives, it doesn't seem quite appropriate to apply the entire run to such a small group. Although if they personalized a few of them for that small handful, that'd be pretty rad.

Yeah, I imagine the initial few hundred will probably go fast, but it seems Spark has his concerns about the whole batch getting snapped up right away. I know I wouldn't want to have a ton of money tied up in these for months on end, so hopefully everyone goes crazy and buys them out without too much delay. We've all got to do our part to make sure venture is a success! :p:D

Yeah I hear ya there. Maybe i'm just overly excited as I haven't yet participated in one of these ventures yet. I guess I don't care too much about being one of the very first but I wouldn't want to miss it by a day or two. And if he's worried about getting the full pre-orders signed up... well maybe that bodes well for me cause whenever I see it's available, my cash will be down. At least for one. I tried getting my buddy onboard but no go ;/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back