Updated for 2nd Field Knife: First Impressions and quick review (fixed font issues)

Gorgeous knife and the Forest Green really takes it over the top. Absolutely dying to grab on, hopefully tomorrow. Might put myself on the Pre order list too..

Thanks for the pics. Interesting colour, something different but not too much brightness either. I like that. Might be a good one for my wife on her EDC.

I talked about the color in the logos in my review of the FK. I think it's color left over from the HT. Just my guess.

I generally opt for earth tones on field-style knives, but I don't know what it is about these from Nathan that have me branching out a little. I've now had black buffed micarta, blue denim buffed micarta, natural unbuffed micarta, and forest green G10. Of course, the forest green and the blue denim are both pretty blue, but I sure do like them on this model. Also, I nearly always go with micarta, but am finding that I like Nathan's G10 very well. Actually, I prefer both the unbuffed micarta and the G10 to the buffed micarta for users. Not sure if this is an attribute of Nathan's finish on the scales, but this has been the only G10 that I've been this happy with.

Thanks for continuing to give us your thoughts Scissors :thumbup:

Last edited:
Thanks HK,

Where is your blue denim these days? Might have to add that one to my collection!!

I really enjoy the G10 as well, the groves work nicely on the LC too. They are angled well for my anatomy and grips.

The knife currently wearing the forest green came with blue denim. I wanted to try the G10 and liked the look of the forest green so I'm just giving the denim a break for awhile. Don't know that I could part with these, and they've got some 'beauty marks' lol. You can see some wear on the fasteners in the top photo, those used to hold down the denim. Nice scales, though. Nathan laminates them with a black G10 backer, so it's like a built-in liner.

The knife currently wearing the forest green came with blue denim. I wanted to try the G10 and liked the look of the forest green so I'm just giving the denim a break for awhile. Don't know that I could part with these, and they've got some 'beauty marks' lol. You can see some wear on the fasteners in the top photo, those used to hold down the denim. Nice scales, though. Nathan laminates them with a black G10 backer, so it's like a built-in liner.

Understood. Pretty much the same as how the vintage ones I have were done.

Back