upgraded blade steel?

Has there ever been a run of alox SAK's (either farmer or soldier) with the blade(s) having a better steel than usually comes with them? Something like s-30v or similar? If there hasnt been, is there any chance we could ever get a run going of something like that? I would LOVE a soldier/farmer with an upgraded steel like s30v on all the tools, or just the blade if thats more doable.

yes there is an upgrade - the damascus steel version, its an high tech powder met. made one in sweden by damasteel. it outperforms the basic used steel in big numbers.
sutch limited editions cost more and all the tools wont be made out of sutch materials, that would cost way to much retail at the end...

second there is an carbide coating on one side of the blade that victorinox did test, i did supply us carbide coated vic sak blades but the quality of that work did not fit into victorinox quality control so we cant offer that. was to cheap made and caused some problems in the tests in ibach.

i did in the past make few test samples in ats34, meteorite etc but the serialproduction is tough and we will see what we reach in the future. price is steep.

yes there is an upgrade - the damascus steel version, its an high tech powder met. made one in sweden by damasteel. it outperforms the basic used steel in big numbers.
sutch limited editions cost more and all the tools wont be made out of sutch materials, that would cost way to much retail at the end...

second there is an carbide coating on one side of the blade that victorinox did test, i did supply us carbide coated vic sak blades but the quality of that work did not fit into victorinox quality control so we cant offer that. was to cheap made and caused some problems in the tests in ibach.

i did in the past make few test samples in ats34, meteorite etc but the serialproduction is tough and we will see what we reach in the future. price is steep.

Hi, I know that this post is a few months old, however I am most intrigued by the damas blades, which models have this upgrade, and which dealers would stock these items, thanks.

Cheers,
Guy

Back