"upscale" or "upgraded" Rat 1? Will we ever see more scale and steel options?

Dyed some pink scales with red rit dye the other day and got this... not to bad

7fc83a263dca049e5b3944abc7486303.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I like it! I think I might have to try dyeing a red one for myself.

Man this carbon fiber d2 model is the smoothest blade I have ever owned and
No blade play very impressed ontario knife company this is never leaving my house except with me absolutely love it wow thank you

c8bee5076f7d066043c0032966440f53.jpg

carried almost every day.. starting to patina a slight bit.

I started selling off my other more expensive large modern folders.

What are the chances of a regular production Rat 1 in D2? Without the numbering on the blade? It's just no my thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are the chances of a regular production Rat 1 in D2? Without the numbering on the blade? It's just no my thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say your chances are pretty good since it has already happened :D... check out knifeworks Andrew.

The Black Nylon Handle with D2 Steel Blade is available... no numbers.

I would say your chances are pretty good since it has already happened :D... check out knifeworks Andrew.

The Black Nylon Handle with D2 Steel Blade is available... no numbers.

Somehow I missed that. Thank you sir. I'm headed over there now to oogle it for a couple days before eventually buying one.

So I've been using my brown (DIY) D2 RAT for here and there chores at home, lots of cardboard especially and occasionally food (including fruit) and have only had so minor staining develop...also the blade is still sharp, won't shave anymore and has some tiny flat spots but is still a working edge. Very impressed with D2.

Hey Tommy look'n good. Did you make them yourself? I've been planning to try my hand at some for my Rat1. Seems like an easy pattern to get acquainted to the process.

Hey Tommy look'n good. Did you make them yourself? I've been planning to try my hand at some for my Rat1. Seems like an easy pattern to get acquainted to the process.
first try ... natural maple

1q9dEj1h.jpg

mB1mf0Gh.jpg

O0Cq6CKh.jpg

RiwPT6Nh.jpg

I started selling off my other more expensive large modern folders.

I never stop enjoying seeing lines like this in posts about the Rat folders. I've seen several posts over the last couple of years from guy who tried out the Rat 1 and were either working into their carry rotation along with their high end folders or forsaking the high-end stuff for it.

It's just a complete win all around.

Back