Urban Jungle Forum Courtesy

Chris Caracci's Urban Jungle Forum was created to provide access to CJ's experience and mind, in relationship to the tactical arena.

His internationally known background was one of the many credentials which precipitated a forum focused on his views.

While this forum encourages inquiries and the open exchange of ideas, the content must be tempered with common courtesy. It is simply bad form for anyone to use this particular forum as a platform to advertise their own training school or particular brand of tactical thought for sale. There are other forums which are more general in nature here at BladeForums, and elsewhere on the Internet, for this purpose.

The amount of time CJ can dedicate to this forum is limited. I would therefore like to kindly ask that folks just use good common sense when posting on CJ's Urban Jungle Forum...particulary when he's not here to clarify an issue or otherwise respond to a post.

If some of you disagree with me, that's OK. But while you're here, please show some respect, as the majority of you indeed do.

Yours in Urban Jungle Moderation,

Andy,

I know where you are coming from with this. About the other post. I see nothing wrong with his post. Did you e-mail him and ask him if he posted it intentionally to get Caracci's views on his essay? I for one would like to see Chris go over it and post a review of it himself, according to his readings and experiences. However, I will give BF.com credit for not removign it as many other sites would have done. BF.com has become soooo popular becuase of the staff's "laissez faire" (sp?) attitude and I don't wanna flame on that either. Thanks for the time.

JC

Andy:

It was not my purpose to advertise my school, which I never did, but rather to share my thoughts with others, including CJ Caracci, to get their thoughts and any other contributions that may have to my post. The whole purpose of my post was to share information, which I find lacking, in so many other posts on the net which are more concerned with the "my system of fighting is better thatn your system of fighting.". I have enjoyed reading the many articles on this site, and look forward to more. Again, I believe that Knoledge and the Undersatnding Of That Knowledge Is Power. What I attempted to do with my post, was to share some of that knowledge with others, including CJ Caracci, for comment.

If I have offended, I did not mean to do so purposely.

Darren

Andy,

I agree and think you handled that pretty tactfully. I guess that's one of the things they teach in moderator school. :)

mk

I guess I don't understand how the post was offensive to anyone. There was none of the silly Internet Fighting or Death Match Challenge element to it, it was simply information...

I don't see how it lacked etiquette is what I am trying to say. We all participate in forums to learn things...and although this is your Forum along with Mr. Caracci's...it seems a bit extreme even if it is polite to suggest it was discourteous.

In other words, it was on topic and it was good... Looked pretty much geared to an Urban Environment to me...

i just think the exchange of good info is crucial for a forum like this - i didnt know the guy who posted taught anything till ya said he did - excellent info about street criminals imho, and the way they operate - i thought it was an excellent op for CJ to agree, critique, etc - imho was just some good info, imho some of the best on street criminals and how they operate i have seen in this forum - if knowledge is power, isnt more knowledge more power?? it seemed to me the point was how BG's think/act/etc, not pushing the author- i guess this old country boy is missing something, but i just dont see anything objectionable - oh well, just my .02 worth on the subject, and will certainly be courteous in all posts on this (as well as other ) forums

best wishes

sifu

Mr. Laur's post was not the only one which came to mind when I addressed this issue...rather, it was one of several which I have read over the past few months which precipitated what we felt was necessary to mention here.

I will include some further thoughts about Mr. Laur's post in that paticular thread.

In the meantime, please take what I wrote at face value and if you don't advertise or otherwise post in a manner which our request addresses, then don't sweat it.

This is a "common sense" issue. If someone want's CJ's input, just distinguish the post by "asking" either at the beginning or the end of the thread. It's that simple.

In the case of Mr. Laur, as well as others, when posts are devoid of an expressed desire to recruit CJ's input, they can be interpreted differently...by me, and others. ...not a big deal...just a friendly reminder.

Thank you,

Back