User Khuk modifications?

Does it make much difference, has anyone got a pic. Is there hole under there that needs filling or what. I like the chapes but they can wreck - as I have found out !!

Brendan wrote:

<b>Does it make much difference, has anyone got a pic. Is there hole under there that needs filling or what. </b>

No, the scabbard is well stitched all the way down. It might be a little less well polished and dry, so you probably want to treat it with wax/shoe polish or something like that. I did the removal with only one khuk, so the usual disclaimers apply :)

Unfortunaltely I do not have a digital camera here, or I would post a picture.

Succes,
-Emile

Done - much prefer it like this though I would'nt do it to my "show" khuk's though as i think I want to keep them as original as possible

I actually had a little difficulty doing this as I did'nt want to cause any damage. I tried the heating method which did'nt work so I used leatherman wave small flat screwdriver and karda to lift it off - no damnage and no hole to cover - stoked !!

I think it is better as u don't get stabbed when u walk it also give it a more stealthy look and like ghurka says "touristy".

I feel a little bad as I think it might have more significane than a simple gaurd - anyway, looks cool and doesnt stab me hehehe !!

Thanks for idea guys

Back