USERS..? Anyone have any user Lionsteels out there?

colubrid

Gold Member
Are there any beaters out there. Anyone actually carry them in jeans or back pocket and has them show signs of good hard work?

I always see pictures of perfect examples with no scratches or dings or signs of use. Just pristine picture perfect new ones with the pretty colored handles intact and without a dent , mark or blemish.

I would love to see some scratched up handles and some real beat up users that show they have been carried and used. These knives are more prone to getting their handles scratched so please post your users.

PS

I have some and never carry them except delicately and making sure I don't scratch the handles. So I wonder if everyone is like me and just is afraid to use them as tools?

I received a user SR1-Ti that has a scratched up blade. The handle appears to be in perfect condition, but the blade is scratched.

I'm fine with the scratches, makes it so that I won't be afraid to use it, but I didn't put the use marks on it.

I'll try and post a picture when I'm back in town.

Hi, I have a Tispine in bronze that has been my edc since June. The blade has several scratches, but the handle is still in (almost) perfect condition. It is truly an amazing knife!

Hi, I have a Tispine in bronze that has been my edc since June. The blade has several scratches, but the handle is still in (almost) perfect condition. It is truly an amazing knife!

I have a couple aluminum handle ones. Anyone have a scratched up ones that have the aluminum grips?

It seems they would scratch with the least amount of carry.

I have been carrying my SR-2 Orange Rescue for a few weeks and have some hairline scratches on the blade, but otherwise looks like new. The anodized handles look like they will stand up to carry pocket abuse. I never put my keys in the same pocket as my EDC.

I agree on that, the TiSpine really doesn' t get the attention it deserves. Do you have the matte version? I also have it in bronze(shiny version, which looks more like gold really), and it seems to scratch very easily.

Hi Skywalker1, yes I have the matte version. I haven't been able to scratch the handle yet, but the blade does show several scratches. My only gripe with this knife is the edge angle and thick bevel (but I've remedied that problem myself).

Would you be able to do a comparison pic with a delica or some other common blade?

There are comparisons toward the very end of the video. I'll try to snap a few shots in the near future as well.

There are comparisons toward the very end of the video. I'll try to snap a few shots in the near future as well.

Thank you. I wish I could see this knife in person...looks like a good size in hand, then looks small next to some other knives...yeesh! I can't figure this knife out!

This thread needs more pictures! :)

Here is my TiSpine ready for work in the yard. It cut bamboo, bags, wood and all kind sof junk that day. Definately a good user!

2nhj8yx.jpg

I can't carry a fixed blade on the site where I work at the moment. The SR-1 is a pretty good alternative. The scratches and rust spots only add to its character.

Afb0084_zps4a8e1b0b.jpg

Here is my M2 Hunter after gone through some work in the orchard.

_D2H2752_zps526945b3.jpg

_D2H2779_zpsba815c98.jpg

Its D2 Satin Finish. They do scratch easily though. Those are from cutting up some tin cans for disposal, shrubs, mostly gardening stuff.

I can't carry a fixed blade on the site where I work at the moment. The SR-1 is a pretty good alternative. The scratches and rust spots only add to its character.

Afb0084_zps4a8e1b0b.jpg

Awesome! :thumbup:

I just picked up a SR-1 Starfire to add to my EDC rotation. Yes, I'm serious. No safe queens here.

There are three Damascus patterns for LionSteel SR-1 all designed by Chad Nichols:

StarFire:
knifeart_2269_261403143

Raindrop:
knifeart_2271_3307695

Lizard:
knifeart_2268_219326717

Thanks RamZar!

Yeah I had some money in my paypal from selling off a bunch of random stuff and wanted a new blade. I loved my SR-1A but the D2 corroded on me very quickly...My budget was around $500 and I was originally going to get a field grade bodega until I saw the SR-1 came in the starfire pattern.

It took me about 10 seconds of deliberation to pull the trigger.

Back