• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Good USPS Claims

REK Knives

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I recently had two ground advantage packages lost in the mail... I didn't get any extra insurance on either as the contents of the packages were less than $100 in each package. so the default that comes with a GA packages is $100 which was perfect.

One they investigated and it was never delivered, they didn't know what happened - this claim was paid out immediately.

The second package said delivered but my customer never received... USPS denied the claim at first saying it was delivered. I appealed it stating that it was apparently mis-delivered. That was denied as well but on the second appeal I uploaded screen shots of my customer stating he never received it. They immediately paid the claim and all is good.

I just wanted to post this here for others... USPS has a bad rep (as do all of them if you google it) but the good rarely gets posted.

I’ve had good luck with the couple of claims I’ve had over the years. Save receipts or have a way to prove value on your claim. One claim I needed a Friend who owns a knife store to vouch for value on a custom blade and they paid out on appeal. There’s usually hoops to jump through and a little time for their investigation but so far so good👍

Back