Utica multimaster

Hickory n steel

Gold Member
Just got In an Armstrong rebranding of the Utica multimaster, and it's definitely an interesting tool that so far I like.
Nothing could permanently displace my Leatherman fuse but the multimaster does have some things going for it.
I would not pay $85 to get it with the Klein logo on it, but it seems well worth the $35 I payed.

It's a real solid tool with a very simple yet effective design, and it's US made too. I'm not sure about the bits but that's really no big deal.

I like the ingenious and extremely simple but effective mechanism for locking the functions open.

Comes with 5 bits that store in the sheath and has a place for whatever 6th you may want to add, quality of the sheath seems pretty decent too.
It's not a leather sheath and I can't stand velcro type closure but it is what it is, I always prefer leather.
ssl image[/url

I keep seeing more and more from Leatherman that has them going in a direction I don't like, I fear this may be the last new multitool for me if Leatherman doesn't slow their roll and bring back some more traditional classic stuff.
All these futuristic looking fell off a transformer models they make these days are not for me.

the utica pliertool has been around for ages.
and it still looks pretty much the same :)
its quite a rock solid and robust workingman's
tool that's all business like without much
fanfare.
in some ways it may lack the physical attractiveness of more current fads
but strangely i find it attractive for
being so retro.
perhaps that explains why i haven't seen it being cloned...
i figure it's like a pitbull, terribly attractive
to real men who enjoy chunky simplicty :)

just got one in the mail yesterday. It will not replace my Swiss Tool, but I think it is very good value for the $35 I spent. John
Definitely for $35, and they use standard 1/4" bits instead of the proprietary flat ones Leatherman uses.
And they use Phillips fasteners so you can easily take them apart...ect.

Back