Utility knife in Crucible Laminate and Goncalo Alves

Matthew Gregory

Chief Executive in charge of Entertainment
I made this small utility knife for a good friend, inspired by a small piece of this wonderful, wonderful Crucible laminated steel that I didn’t want to go to waste.

The 3-1/2” blade consists of .150” thick Crucible Laminate CPM-10v core/CPM154 cladding, ground to almost zero.

dsc_6776-edit-X3.jpg

The handle is frame construction with a black G10 frame and Goncalo Alves handles. A simple carbon fiber pin completes the package, along with a matched leather sheath with contrasting gold stitching, made by my wife.

DSC_6783-X3.jpg

DSC_6784-X3.jpg

As always, thanks for looking!

I made this small utility knife for a good friend, inspired by a small piece of this wonderful, wonderful Crucible laminated steel that I didn’t want to go to waste.

The 3-1/2” blade consists of .150” thick Crucible Laminate CPM-10v core/CPM154 cladding, ground to almost zero.

dsc_6776-edit-X3.jpg

The handle is frame construction with a black G10 frame and Goncalo Alves handles. A simple carbon fiber pin completes the package, along with a matched leather sheath with contrasting gold stitching, made by my wife.

DSC_6783-X3.jpg

DSC_6784-X3.jpg

As always, thanks for looking!
Now this is a utility knife that will out preform any other one. As always your work is in a class by itself.

That's a beauty Matt, I remember that steel when I visited you and admired it then, this one looks really nice and just a bit sharp too !

That sheath does a nice job of complimenting it as well, JG certainly is gaining popularity :)
G2

Back