Value of Abused Randall Knife?

AR-Trvlr

Gold Member
I have the opportunity to buy an abused Randall knife off a local forum.

Any idea of what a fair price is? No sheath, and these are the best pics I'm likely to get....

RK_5.jpg

RK_4.jpg

RK_3.jpg

RK_2.jpg

RK_1.jpg

Also, any idea what Randall would charge to clean up & sharpen the blade?

About ten or fifteen years ago I sent one back for re-finishing. It was a newer knife that had been badly scratched up on a sharpening stone. The cost was very reasonable. If I recall correctly, it was less than a tenth of the price of a new knife. It came back looking like new. However, I don't know their current policy or pricing.

DD

If you would like your thread moved to the randall forum, report it so that a mod can move it. Do not repost a duplicate topic please.

AR, I sent two knives back for refinishing last month and it ran about $50 per knife including shipping both ways and $35 for a replacement sheath - no guarantee they'll do the work until the knife is in their hands, but both of mine came back looking new. They were, however, in better condition than the one you've shown. I'd offer the seller $150 or so.

26ABSTDBM.jpg5_6BA80s.jpg

Hope that helps...

-S

Thanks. He says it looks better in person, but we'll see.

I'm debating cleaning it up myself and keeping it as a user, or sending it back to RMK. I'll probably make that call once I'm home from AFG in three weeks or so.

they charge something like $35 for a restore at the shop, not including the shipping of approx $15 (for breakdown of actual cost) about 6-8wks turn-around.....something that heavily pitted may not clean up but will still look better than it does now.....i would not buy it because it would always bug me if it didn't clean up well....depends on how much you wish to gamble....

I guess mine was a more extreme case - it was $95 shipped to clean it up. I think that had to regrind it, but it came out much better. There's some grind marks on the blade, and some pitting near the guard, but overall a much better knife.

Randall_8-4a.jpg

Randall_8-4b.jpg

Randall_8-4c.jpg

Randall_8-4d.jpg

Randall_8-4e.jpg

Back