Value of Busse Basic 5

What is the approx value of a Busse Basic 5 in excellent condition with kydex sheath?

$149.99 according to 1StopKnifeShop.com for a new one. Figure a few bucks off that maybe for a secondary market unit if it's in NIB condition. But its value is actually whatever price the seller & buyer settle on as an acceptable price for the piece at the time of sale.

:cool:

TwoRavens,
The Basic #5 is getting pretty hard to find. It is in fact the hardest to find Basic that I know of. Also, it is the rarest to find a kydex sheath for. If I were selling one at a show, I would get $196 + an extra $20 for the sheath.

If the One StopKnifeShop.com has one for a hundred and a half, and it's something you have interest in, I would say that you should jump on that. On the other hand, if you're selling one, I would suggest hanging on to it as I would expect the price to go up from the price I quoted between $50 to $100 in the next year.

There seem to be two kinds of people that buy Basics; those who want an inexpensive Busse, and those who like the way it feels in their hand. I've run into people at shows who prefer the Basic handle hands down to the Micarta and would indeed pay a premium if one were necessary.

Guess I should consider myself fortunate for getting a #5 on Monday with both leather and kydex sheath for $149.

Now my #7 has something to keep it company.

Oh, and Jerry, if you read this, can I borrow Nimrod's SJ again until you get a chance to finish mine up?

This just ain't right! :(

You people have no heart!:(

My Busse knives I use with might;

Cause I've been around and now I'm smart.

I got me a Basic #5 ands it's a user!:D

And a Basic #7 that is my beater.

I'd be a fan, just like a Hoosier;

Buy me a beer and make it a liter! :D

Nimrod, you've got me LOL! :D Would you like to join me in a chorus or two, since I have a SJ ordered as well, of "Some Day My Jack Will Come"??? (to the tune of "Some day my prince will come")

Yours in nuclear Jack-almighty withdrawal symptoms,
Greg

Back