Variants w/serrated recurve

While I was admiring the Variants that Andy had up, I was stunned by the impressive serrated recurve blade. Can anyone describe how a recurved blade (serrated) is best utilized? I'd like to aquire an INFI Variant and would appreciate some input before I buy. Thanks, Jason

Busse Combat's super aggressive, serrated recurve edges are TERRIFYING on thick jungle brush, vine, and limbs. They also cut DEEPLY into whatever material they are applied...on "soft targets", cancel Christmas.

Justification for their existence came primarily from well experienced customer requests.

------------------
Andy Prisco, Manager
Sharper Instinct, LLC
Phone: 1-201-493-2469
Orders-Toll Free: 1-877-557-5200
Visa & Mastercard Accepted

Authorized Dealers:
Busse Combat Knives and Big East Traditional Bows

Professional Shooting Svcs: Corporate Training and Stress Mgmt.

Busse Combat Variant Temp. HQ http://home.earthlink.net/~gregrnamin/sharper.htm

[This message has been edited by Andy Prisco (edited 02-15-2000).]

Thanks Andy, I suppose that design would prove quite useful for cutting/processing tobacco here in KY. I'll be checking your new web site ASAP. The image of the South African Assault Fighter is etched into my memory; pleasantly disturbing, ya know? Jason

Cliff...the knife left for Hong Kong last week, so I can't take a close up. The best picture I have is the one pictured at the link in my signature below.

------------------
Andy Prisco, Manager
Sharper Instinct, LLC
Phone: 1-201-493-2469
Orders-Toll Free: 1-877-557-5200
Visa & Mastercard Accepted

Authorized Dealers:
Busse Combat Knives and Big East Traditional Bows

Professional Shooting Svcs: Corporate Training and Stress Mgmt.

Busse Combat Variant Temp. HQ http://home.earthlink.net/~gregrnamin/sharper.htm

Andy, Cliff,

The knife just arrived and it has great balance, at about the index finger cut-out. I like the recurved blade very very much but it makes the knife more weapon than a utilitarian. But still, with the pronounce butt hook, it will work fine on chopping.

Cliff,

The serration pattern is like that on a maddog (sorry that I compare it with a MD). Except that the circular cutout at each serration are much deeper. So that it is like a series of chisels arranged together. I can take some close-up photos if you want to see it more clearly.

Joe Leung

[This message has been edited by JoeL (edited 02-16-2000).]

Joe, thanks for the offer. I got a close up shot of the serration pattern yesterday thanks to a forum member. What I would appreciate is any info you could give me on how the serrations perform.

-Cliff

Back