Vertical blade play on high end knives

Some off-topic posts and replies to those posts were removed and one member has received a permanent thread ban.

Let's please keep the interpersonal back and forth out of the thread.

And if we start getting into "Us vs. Them" regarding China and Chinese knives...we'll be done here.

Ahem.. so, my latest and greatest case razor has both horizontal and vertical play, shocker --- so! What I decided to so was.. nothing
I'm gonna use it, and see what really happens to a knife with play that isnt corrected.
Does it get worse, so worse that it's the worst thing in the world? I'm not going to use it as an awl, hammer, chisel, axe, etc.
Maybe someone can save me time and tell what I can expect to happen.
slipjoints "freshly made" back--then, had to have had some sort of play. I don't believe they have crisp snap open and close with flush fit and finish and perfect alignment.

High end knives? - Definitely no from me.
It also depends on what you see as high end.

I had 2 backlock Spydercos in the past and none of them had any play.
I currently have 2 different backlock Spydercos, and none have any play. They are both well under 200€ but to me, that is considered high end.

I also used to have Cold Steel Voyager. It isn't high end knife but it had no blade play.

I used to have Recon 1 spear point - it had bo blade play.
And I currently have Recon 1 tanto and it also has no blade play and is as solid as it gets. I also consider Recon 1 to be high end (as it costs about the same as the spydercos).

So my if my 2 Spydercos and Recon 1 have no blade play and none of them costs even 200€... then you can imagine what I'd do if I ever bought something as Sebenza and there was any play whatsoever - I'd be returning it and asking for a refund immediately.

Back