Vertical blade play on sebenza? - Update

do you use the fluorinated grease, or just regular oil? the reason I ask this is that Chris reeves knives are so strong in tolerance that oils don't have the same protection and could ware out the pivot and lock bar. this could cause the blade play. when people grease, many of them don't grease the tang or the ball on the lock bar. the tang gets the greatest of all tension.

Wait, are you talking about putting grease on the lock face and blade tang? Cause I wouldn't recccomend having any lubricant in the locking mechanism.

-sh00ter

that was a bit of a read, turns out after "all" of that , it was because he bent the lockbar.

is that a big no no, not to put the grease on the ball? after i clean a seb, i always put a bit of a dab on the ball, and lock face.

If it works for you guys then go ahead. Maybe it's just me being paranoid about lock slipping/failure, but I keep all lubricants out of the locking mechanism.

-sh00ter

ah, okay, was thinking maybe there might be some other reason besides slipping worries. i never stab into something so hard with the seb i need to worry about the lock slipping, otherwise pressure is always going down.

I have Sebs and other CRK folders running from 1996 to 2011 with dates every year or three. Honestly, I cannot detect any quality differences anywhere in that period.

김원진;10972173 said:
i'm curious if any old members , or just people who have had sebenzas since back in the day have experienced any issues with their old/new sebenzas, or is it just these new people

김원진;10972832 said:
that was a bit of a read, turns out after "all" of that , it was because he bent the lockbar.

is that a big no no, not to put the grease on the ball? after i clean a seb, i always put a bit of a dab on the ball, and lock face.

I tried putting some grease on the ball and tang, but everytime I do that after a day or so of use the action gets sticky because the grease is attracting foreign materials.
I grease the crap out of the washers and pivot, but they don't get dust or other things in them as much, and I clean mine out every week or so.

I havn't put grease on any of mine for over a year now, since i work in pretty dusty/crappy environments and it keeps my action silky smooth, havn't seen any abnormal wear, I hope this is okay.

Back