Vertical Play On Pocket Hobbit

Can anyone help me fix this? When the knife is open the lock release button is all the way forward and rests against the inside of the G-10 handle.

If Bob T. or Bob B. from REKAT read this please let me know if it can be fixed. I'm not looking for a freebie. I would be more than happy to pay for the necessary repairs. I really LOVE this knife and it is my EDC. But, that vertical play is annoys the heck out of me.

I would be very grateful if anyone can help me fix my favorite folder.

I had vertical play on a Carnivore. Bob Taylor told me the problem was caused by abuse and the hole in which the blade stop pin rests had become elongated. That did not appear to be the case so I sent it back to REKAT. They sent me a new knife.

I also had a problem with a SIFU which caused me to take it apart to see if I could fix it myself. Doing so allowed me to see a bit of how the thing works. I think it may be possible to adjust the way the parts fit to reduce the play, but I am not sure. I guess I'd send it back. I sent the SIFU back too and got a new knife. Problem is, I am afraid to use my REKATS for fear they'll break down. Too bad.

Good luck.

Willie Boy,

Thanks for your comments. I think it's a shame that REKAT, a brand that portrays its products as "hard users" and tough should have as many QC problems as they do. After this problem with my PH is fixed, maybe I'll start using my other REKAT knives (2 Sifus, Pioneer I, and a Carnivor) again. Until then, they stay at home.

I have the same problem. I still trust the knife but it kind of irritates me. I emailed Bob, waiting for a response. This is one more reason I can't wait for the little fixed blade warrior. :)

We had a couple of talks about this problem a while back.

While I think even the die hard fans of REKAT (myself included) hate the fact that they have so many QC problems, I'd hate to hear your not using them because of one that won't lock up properly.

When they work right they are superb, kind of like a Jaguar.

For the money a well executed REKAT is hard/impossible to beat. IMO of course.

Yeah, I had the same problem with my Hobbit, the older model with the front side lever. When I talked with Mr. Taylor and told him that I had been doing kinetic openings with the knife he told me thae same thing about it being abuse. Sad to see they haven't changed.

Back