• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Very good: GP Knives

I'm not a prolific poster on here, but I thought I'd post about my top-notch experience with GP Knives that I had today. For some quick background, I live about an hour north of their location in Troy, Illinois, and ordered a Spyderco A.R.K. from them about 2 months ago. The shipping turnaround was same-day, and I had my order within 48 hours. I've been wanting a flipper for some time, and have watched numerous videos on Youtube and read and searched countless threads here trying to come to a decision. I settled on the ZT 0562cf. I checked GP Knives' website this morning, it showed they were in stock, so I decided that when I got off work this morning I'd make the hour drive down there, as there are ZERO knife shops in my town.

Their storefront was exceptional. Clean, well-organized into a coherent layout, grouped by manufacturer, and with friendly and helpful employees. I was on a bit of a time crunch and would have talked knife stuff with the gentleman who I spoke with if I had the time. As for the knife itself, the 0562cf, it's everything I wanted. So glad I chose that to be my first flipper. The one I purchased is in CTS-204P, perfectly centered, and just flawless. Flips like a dream. I can see how people can get lost for hours mindlessly flipping one while watching TV. Awesome design, and money well spent.

I know GP Knives is well-known and respected, and I feel fortunate enough they're not too far, otherwise I'd be doomed to trying and handling knives via internet purchasing instead of in-person. Awesome store, awesome experience, awesome knife. It's been a good afternoon. :)

Yes you are pretty fortunate to have such a quality knife store in your vicinity...getting harder to find these days. I've dealt with them on several occasions, via internet ordering, and have always had a good experience...they are one of the good ones!

Back