VERY impressed!

I just got a titanium Kyre, I thought it was neat looking for some time but wow it's nice. I didn't realize it, but the gray and maybe both Kyres actually have a nice tungsten DLC on the handles, which is then polished back to raw Ti on the ridges and the rounded area at the butt of the handle. It's beautifully done DLC, dark grey and smooth, looks like an enamel or something. It's also got the strongest lockbar I've encountered on a Kizer and it just generally oozes a feeling of robustness.

Super happy with them, they need an owner who knows how to use threadlocker or they can be inconsistent if left as-is, but they just make cool stuff and do a good job of it. The grind on the Kyre is a little bit thicker than I would like, but only the forward portion of it. With more distal taper or a more aggressive grind in the front half it would be perfect. In the flat portion the thickness at the edge is fine.
The clip is also DLC treated and other than being not deep carry it is perfect. Good retention, good clearance for fabric, does not create any hot spots.

Last edited:
Back