• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Very Unique Hunter with File Work

SOLD

For Sale – “Bengal” from my Ultimate Predator Series
650BengalLeftProfile.jpg

650BengalRightProfile.jpg

(Note: the shadow on the tip in this picture is just that, a shadow. It looks just like it does on the other side in the other picture)

OAL: 9 3/8"

Blade: Flat Ground 4 5/8" X 1 1/4" X 3/16"; 1095 High Carbon Alloy; differentially heat treated; semi-mirror finish but the hamon is still visible up close and at an angle.

Bolster/Hardware: File worked 416 Stainless steel, SS pin and thong tube.

Handle: Beautifully striped Desert Ironwood (hence the name, i.e. Bengal Tiger).

File Work: Completely file worked spine in a vine and thorn pattern. Note that the spine and file work sit above the handle scales for a very unique style. Don’t worry, it doesn’t interfere with the comfort of the handle at all.

650BengalFileWork.jpg

Sheath: Multiple Choices, all hand made by me …. see the pictures below...

650BengalinConventionalSheath.jpg

$350 includes a conventional 8-9 oz veg tanned leather sheath in medium brown with leather belt loop for right hand carry.

650BengalinTooledBeltSheath.jpg

$400 includes a lined 8-9 oz veg tanned leather sheath fully tooled in dark brown with black background; leather belt loop for right hand carry.

650BengalinSpanishLoopSheath.jpg

$450 comes with a 8-9 oz veg tanned leather sheath in a Spanish Loop design; fully tooled in a floral and basketweave pattern (both sheath and belt loop); with leather thong and Sambar Stag bead.
650BengalSpanishLoopApart.jpg

Spanish Loop shown with both pieces separate.

650BengalSpanishLoopSpineFilework.jpg

Showing how the file work shows through back of sheath.

Thong: Leather with ancient walrus tooth pull.

Price: $Check below the pictures as it varies by the choice of sheath; plus $12.50 shipping to CONUS
Paypal: wayneandrainy@aol.com or personal check (inquire for details)

A ruggedly masculine, full sized hunter in my popular “Lion Hunter” © pattern. My wife said the “ruggedly masculine” part, not me. Several of this style has gone on safari to Africa for use in the field and as gifts to the guide. As you saw above, I couldn’t make up my mind on which sheath to pair it with so I’m leaving it up to the customer.

Thanks for taking a look and let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Wayne, I'll take this one with the conventional sheath for $350. I'll send PayPal when I get home from work this evening Pacific Time.

Instant payment received. Another one going to vegasracer!!!

Thanks again Jeff, I'm sure you'll like this one.

great looking knife, and great looking sheaths too. I really like vine file worked spines, and the tooling on the sheaths looks top notch as well.

Thanks aggopian. :D I have to admit that with the extra time and effort they require I only make one or two a year unless it's a special order from a customer. Tooling just a sheath takes long enough but on a 'loop' you have both parts to do. Take care and God Bless.

Absolutely beautiful! Vegasracer, you're just lucky I was at work when this was posted. The images were blocked, so I couldn't see what I was missing. :)

Received this one today. It's absolutely stunning in hand. Pics don't do it justice.

Back