Veteran Military Bucks

bucksway

Gold Member
At the Gator Show in Lakeland I was given a 722 Buck had created for Veterans as a "Thank you for your Service"..I thought that was a very classy move by both Buck and the BCCI !! CJ gave me one (by David my brother) when I could not go to the 35th as I was in the hospital with heart issues. So I passed it on to my sister Karen who is also a Navy vet and in fact was in the first group of seagoing women sailors on the east coast on a Sub tender out of Charleston SC.
I thought it would be nice to start a thread (pictures too!!) on Veteran/Military theme Bucks as I'm sure there is quite a few I'm not aware of..Customs are welcome!20240127_173920.jpg20240127_173909.jpg

A lot of us carried Buck 110s on tank in the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment.
A lot of them were replaced by the first Leatherman multitools, but I kept mine on my belt until it disappeared on deployment for Operation Bright Star with the Egyptian Army back in the early 90s.

Buck 110s were very popular with the nuclear machinist mates on my submarine. Not sure why, as I don't think there was anything that could be cut, especially in the engineering spaces. Anyway, I thought it was a really cool knife and had to have one myself! (Although as a division officer I never carried it on the ship.) I bought mine at a hardware store in Groton, CT.

51161489860_4e9c0a96dc_b.jpg

Last edited:
Buck 301 my grandmother gave me for Christmas in 1972, carried it as my Soldering pocketknife until the mid/late 1980's. Picture of me at Fort Knox KY in summer 1973.
Buck_301_-_Camillus_early_1973.jpg

Fort-Knox-Summer-1973.jpg

The Buck 105 field knife I bought myself at the PX, Aberdeen Proving Ground MD, when I was attending the Ordnance Officer Basic Course in 1976 and the only picture I have of me then (snipped from a group picture). I still have both of these Buck Knives. OH
Buck-105-1976.jpg

2-LT-Baker-APG-MD-Fall-1976.jpg

My Cousin Mac (the 1LT on the left, my Dad in the center, and the battery First Sergeant on the right) in 1961. Mac bought a Buck 105 as his field knife from the MCX at Camp Lejeune in 1966. His wife gave it to me after he passed at 88 years old. Funny that I never knew Mac had purchased and carried a Buck 105 until after his death - we both chose the same field knife ten years apart. OH

1-LT-A-D-Mc-Arthur-SSG-B-H-Baker-1-SG-Abe-Brooks-1961.jpg

Buck-105-1966-Pathfinder-with-box-papers.jpg

Last edited:
My Cousin Mac (the 1LT on the left, my Dad in the center, and the battery First Sergeant on the right) in 1961. Mac bought a Buck 105 as his field knife from the MCX at Camp Lejeune in 1966. His wife gave it to me after he passed at 88 years old. Funny that I never knew Mac had purchased and carried a Buck 105 until after his death - we both chose the same field knife ten years apart. OH

1-LT-A-D-Mc-Arthur-SSG-B-H-Baker-1-SG-Abe-Brooks-1961.jpg

Buck-105-1966-Pathfinder-with-box-papers.jpg
OH they dont get better than that, nice setup that is - TX for your service Pete

Back