Vic Soldier the best EDC?

How many thinks that Vic Soldier is the best SAK for EDC? (I EDC Vic Soldier- Vic Recruit-Vic Excelsior)

rapax said:
How many thinks that Vic Soldier is the best SAK for EDC? (I EDC Vic Soldier- Vic Recruit-Vic Excelsior)

It's nice. I prefer the Swisschamp, which probably disqualifies me from this topic.

I think the Vic Soldier is the best edc. In my experience, for most problems I encouter that require a knife, the Solider is more than enough. For out in the woods a Hiker or Farmer probably may have an advatnage due the saw.

I'm always pretty vocal about my love of the soldier. For my edc it's my first pick. Whem we go woods rambling I will add cutlery to my person, like a hiker and a Mora. But I always have a soldier.:thumbup:

hmm i would like it more if it had sissors....that brings me to my quetion is there any other Vic that has the same things + sissors!

cheung_victor said:
hmm i would like it more if it had sissors....that brings me to my quetion is there any other Vic that has the same things + sissors!

I agree. A three layer Alox with scissors and anothe implement might just be the ticket. The small 58mm knives are a good way to include some scissors in your EDC line up though.

rapax said:
The term "best" is subjective, so I'm not certain how to answer.

I guess the word "best" makes it tough to answer without getting into trouble. There are times when the soldier is the only knife I need and probably is considered the best knife to tote for the job while there are other times I need to call on a different blade for various reasons. No matter how you go though, you can rest assured that as long as there is some sort of Victorinox in your pocket or on your side, you'll be well took of.

znapschatz said:
It's nice. I prefer the Swisschamp, which probably disqualifies me from this topic.

Not necessarily. I believe in a layered EDC concept. My base EDC is the MiniChamp. Then I have the SwissChamp. The Soldier also has its place. Different layers for different situations. Other people have different base layers.

I've never had the Vic Soldier model, but I do have 4 Wenger "Standard Issue" knives which are pretty much the same as the Soldier. The Wenger has a bail which I like, so I can use a lanyard.
The Wenger SI is in my experience a very well made knife and I would think equal to the Vic Soldier. If you like your knives on a lanyard as I do most of the time, then the Wenger SI or Vic Pioneer would be a better EDC than the Soldier IMHO.

Is it the best EDC? ......

I think it's one of the best along with the Huntsman, Farmer, Climber, Camper, Cadet and Spartan.

I don't think that helps does it? :)

Back