Vic swisschamp Xlt, XXLT

Has any1 got a vic xxlt/xlt?perhapes tried it in the field?And is it a limited run?

wadly said:
Has any1 got a vic xxlt/xlt?perhapes tried it in the field?And is it a limited run?
I don't have one, but I can answer some of your questions.
the XXLT was a limited run, I don't know for the XLT.

some people EDC their XLT, but I don't know any kind of SAK nerd able to EDC a XXLT, even on SOSAK :D

I have an XLT in stock, its about as big as you can go and EDC. If you have one of those jobs where you are always having to move or fix stuff it would be a great tool to have. I think a little belt carry sheath is the easiest way to go though, its not really a pocket knife.

haha so XXLT is really too big for EDC?and i noe this has been asked but anyway do the features work well with the hand, tool itself with a sak that large?

I EDCed an XLT for several years. Definitely a belt pouch knife, but no bigger or heavier than some other multi-tools. Eventually I figured out which tools never got used and cut back to using models that have only what I actually need.

--Bob Q

bquinlan said:
I EDCed an XLT for several years. Definitely a belt pouch knife, but no bigger or heavier than some other multi-tools. Eventually I figured out which tools never got used and cut back to using models that have only what I actually need.

--Bob Q

What models might they be then?

cardimon said:
What models might they be then?

These days my EDC SAK is either a Deluxe Tinker or a Craftsman. Normally I carry a Spirit too, so I don't need the extra file and wood saw. Any time my SAK is on its own I take the Craftsman.

--Bob Q

bquinlan said:
These days my EDC SAK is either a Deluxe Tinker or a Craftsman. Normally I carry a Spirit too, so I don't need the extra file and wood saw. Any time my SAK is on its own I take the Craftsman.

--Bob Q

Did you get tired of your CyberTool? You sang its praises for quite a while.

My EDC SAK for years was a Midnite MiniChamp II. Now it's the Rambler. But I still carry my CyberTool 41 on my belt during the week. The SwissChamp comes out to play on weekends.

cardimon said:
Did you get tired of your CyberTool? You sang its praises for quite a while.

The CyberTool 41 is still a great knife!

Mine fell victim to my attempts to reduce the redundancy among my carried gear. I now carry a Spirit Plus and keep its bit holder filled with all the specialty bits I need.

--Bob Q

Can anyone tell me how much larger in diameter is a swiss champ standard from a Xlt?

wadly said:
Can anyone tell me how much larger in diameter is a swiss champ standard from a Xlt?

According to the SAK Selector a standard SwissChamp is 33mm thick while a SwissChamp XLT is 42mm. (And an XXLT is 67mm!)

--Bob Q

The XXLT was a limited run knife specifically for collecters. It is in no way an EDC knife and contains EVERY feature of EVERY SAK in the past 100 years, and some in duplicate. The XLT is really a Swisschamp with a Cybertool built-in plus a few "extras". It is clearly a sheath knife, and I occaisionally where it on the weekends when we are either opening up or closing down our Summer house, since that saves me repeated trips to the tool box. I EDC a Yeoman or an Explorer plus since that covers almost everything I need on a daily basis.

bquinlan said:
The CyberTool 41 is still a great knife!

Mine fell victim to my attempts to reduce the redundancy among my carried gear. I now carry a Spirit Plus and keep its bit holder filled with all the specialty bits I need.

--Bob Q

Care to expound upon the merits of the Spirit vs. the good old SwissTool?

cardimon said:
Care to expound upon the merits of the Spirit vs. the good old SwissTool?

The Spirit offers almost exactly the same tool selection as the SwissTool X, which is my favorite variation of the original design. The Spirit's scissors are strangely small, but very strong. It's blade is a sheepfoot, which would bother me if it was all I carried, but it complements my tactical knife very nicely. The Spirit does not include a ruler.

The biggest improvement is that the Spirit is smaller and lighter than the older SwissTools, but seems every bit as tough. It also has a more comfortable grip, which makes more of a difference than I would have expected.

I have nothing against carrying larger and heavier tools; I have EDCed both the SwissTool X and the SOG PowerLock. Despite that, the Spirit appealed to me enough to warrant a trial period and then I just couldn't put it back down.

--Bob Q

I was a cybertool 41 guy as well, then I customized a SOG Powerlock.

Now I'm stuck with a Swiss Tool Spririt Plus, and cannot bring myself to carry anything else...

bquinlan said:
The Spirit offers almost exactly the same tool selection as the SwissTool X, which is my favorite variation of the original design. The Spirit's scissors are strangely small, but very strong. It's blade is a sheepfoot, which would bother me if it was all I carried, but it complements my tactical knife very nicely. The Spirit does not include a ruler.

--Bob Q

Does the Spirit come with a nylon belt sheath? Which Victorinox sheath fits the Spirit?

cardimon said:
Does the Spirit come with a nylon belt sheath? Which Victorinox sheath fits the Spirit?

The Spirit comes with either a choice of a leather sheath or a nylon sheath.

Dang...I thought I had the king of SAKs....

I EDC the SwissChamp XLT....have never seen or heard about the XXLT until now.

Can just say...Wow!

the king of SAKs is not the XXLT but a Wenger model:
wenger%20xxxxxlt.jpg

this is particularly useless and I doubt there is a lot of knives of this model on the market. but as you say for the XXLT, wow!

Back