Victorinox Folding Paring Knife

Smoke

Gold Member
Ordered it last week directly from Victorinox and got it today, this is the plain edged version in red. Even though it's described as a liner lock, you close it like a Compression lock and the overall action is more like a slipjoint. The opening action is smooth with an audible click, closing you can feel a little stop (Pic #1) and spine whacks didn't do anything even though it's a very thin liner. I can't inertia or Spyderdrop the opening just yet, the blade is typical Victorinox and the blade flexes easily 5 degrees laterally. I hope Victorinox puts out the PE in the same colors as they do in the serrated version.

Attachments

• IMG_5041.JPG
    IMG_5041.JPG
    207 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_5042.JPG
    IMG_5042.JPG
    181.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_5043.JPG
    IMG_5043.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 104
I've been thinking about getting these for no particular reason.
I can't find $75 worth of stuff I want from their site though. Do you know their shipping rate?

Hmm interesting idea. The vnox paring knives are handy little tools, but I guess I'll wait to see some long-term reviews of it as a folder

Ourorboros, I went and got the fastest shipping I could :p and it was $15.

I'd use this as a gentleman's boxcutter and at the moment, I don't think I would modify it for carry as a tactical folder.

I agree, it's not a paring knife. It's a sharpened spreader.
:) Yeah , I understand that there are "social problems " with functional knives !

Everything now MUST be super safe , harmless and PC . :rolleyes:

But how the heck do you carve out a bad spot with no point on your "paring " knife ? :confused:

The point of the VFPK is thin enough that one could possibly grind into a B. Beshara point.
As is, I was able to push the blade of VFPK 2" through the side of a cardboard box in a reverse grip to simulate thick watermelon rind with no effect on the lock. :thumbsup:

What's the point? lol

I'd rather use their fixed paring knife, and use a edge guard if I wanted to carry it safely.
I'm partial to the Vic fruit knife too, but then I also have kydex pocket sheaths for them :)

What's the point? lol

I'd rather use their fixed paring knife, and use a edge guard if I wanted to carry it safely.
I'm partial to the Vic fruit knife too, but then I also have kydex pocket sheaths for them :)
I'm also partial to a fixed blade for food prep , but my main problem with this knife is having no sharp point . :(:thumbsdown:

I've been thinking about getting these for no particular reason.

Something like this would be nice to throw in the lunch box to cut up a fruit or a sammich. Many times, I go with the family on on outing to a museum and put a few apples in the backpack. Not enough for everyone to have one apple, as the girls don't want to bit right off the fruit. In a case like that, a folding parer would be good. Something cheap enough that it won't be missed anywhere else, but with a thin enough grind that it slices food like mad.

Yes, put a nice sharp point on it and it's good to go.

If anyone is interested, somebody is selling there's in the For Sale section. :)

Back