Victorinox healed the knife buying in me

Like many others I have been always searching for the "holy grail" the one knife of all knives, the knife to end all knife buying, and what ive come to realize is, that knife doesn't exist, because it's much easier to talk yourself into one more purchase than to talk yourself out of one. But the swiss army knife has essentially killed the 'knife buyer' in me. Once I was worried about missing out on a perfect edc general purpose knife, so I'd be window shopping every day, but how many "perfect edc" knives do I truly need? Now that I have a few swiss army knives, couple classics and 3 small case, 2 small fixed blades (thanks DM!) I don't feel like I need to window shop like I use to, I don't even have a retailer store bookmarked amongst my phone's tabs, which is definitely bizarre for me. I guess everything else out there feels superfluous because what I have will do everything that I can ever think to use a knife on.only realized this 10 years too late

Like many others I have been always searching for the "holy grail" the one knife of all knives, the knife to end all knife buying, and what ive come to realize is, that knife doesn't exist, because it's much easier to talk yourself into one more purchase than to talk yourself out of one. But the swiss army knife has essentially killed the 'knife buyer' in me. Once I was worried about missing out on a perfect edc general purpose knife, so I'd be window shopping every day, but how many "perfect edc" knives do I truly need? Now that I have a few swiss army knives, couple classics and 3 small case, 2 small fixed blades (thanks DM!) I don't feel like I need to window shop like I use to, I don't even have a retailer store bookmarked amongst my phone's tabs, which is definitely bizarre for me. I guess everything else out there feels superfluous because what I have will do everything that I can ever think to use a knife on.only realized this 10 years too late
Hey Shai, don't feel bad, 10 years too late is a hell of a lot better than 25 or 30 years too late. I wish I could take back all the money and time I spent in my 20's and 30's, and even a bit in my early 40's, before I woke up from the fever delirium. When I think back on it, the day I walked out of that knife shop in Rothenburg, Germany, where I was stationed while in the army, I had all the pocket knives I really needed.

Everything purchased since then was totally unnecessary. Nice, but not needed. Oddly enough, it was using my dad's little Case peanut after he passed, that made me realize how much is not needed.

Yep. Generally speaking, a SAK will take care of 99.01% plus of one's daily knife needs. (The various tools being a "bonus".)

However ... what "fun" would that be???😲

I always pair my SAK's (plural - I usually carry more than one at an time) with other knives ... stockman and/or Barlow or __ 😇

I got too much invested in my other knives not to use them.
(admittedly, some get used much, much more than others. 🙄)

Yep. Generally speaking, a SAK will take care of 99.01% plus of one's daily knife needs. However ... what "fun" would that be???😲
^ this. I enjoy rotating / trying out new stuff, but I never feel underknifed when carrying only a Vic. After all, my most carried/used items must be the 2 below

xkeHzAI.jpg

I’ve carried an SAK since I was 9 years old. Recently however, I have grown to appreciate them more as I’ve slowed down purchasing other knives. I pair a Compact with a modern or traditional main folder and that’s the best I think I’ll get (at least until they bring back the Yeoman…)

Back