Victorinox Loose Wood Scales

Morning folks

Excellent forum. I've browsed it a few times in the past but never posted.

I wonder if anyone can help me. I've got a Victorinox Huntsman with engraved wooden scales directly from Victorinox. It was a Father's Day gift last year.

Yesterday, I dropped it down some woodden stairs and now, sadly, both scales are loose. Only slightly but theyll move about 0.5mm up and down.

Is there a way of fixing them?

I've seen a lot of posts about sorting the plastic scales but not wooden.

My intention was to take them off and fix them in place with resin but I'm worried about breaking them.

I'd like to keep them as they obviously carry a lot of sentiment.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Might try calling Victorinox customer service during the week and see what they suggest. If it's sentimental and you don't know what you're doing, don't do anything yet.

Might try calling Victorinox customer service during the week and see what they suggest. If it's sentimental and you don't know what you're doing, don't do anything yet.
Excellent, thanks mate. I've pinged them an email.

That's a bummer!
Now it doesn't really help and I don't want to sound like a a-hole but that's why I don't touch wooden scales victorinoxes. Had bad experience with their wood handled forester wich I luckily was able to send back and switch to something else.
Victorinox is pretty damn solid when it comes to fixing your knife but they will probably install new scales if that matters. If you don't want the scales swabbed then fixing with glue is probably the best option.

Morning folks

Excellent forum. I've browsed it a few times in the past but never posted.

I wonder if anyone can help me. I've got a Victorinox Huntsman with engraved wooden scales directly from Victorinox. It was a Father's Day gift last year.

Yesterday, I dropped it down some woodden stairs and now, sadly, both scales are loose. Only slightly but theyll move about 0.5mm up and down.

Is there a way of fixing them?

I've seen a lot of posts about sorting the plastic scales but not wooden.

My intention was to take them off and fix them in place with resin but I'm worried about breaking them.

I'd like to keep them as they obviously carry a lot of sentiment.

Thanks in advance.

Dan
What was the advice when it came to celidor? I would put the knife in a boiling water for 20 sec, pic it up and pry them of. Then use epoxy or whatever suitable glue you got an glue them back

What was the advice when it came to celidor? I would put the knife in a boiling water for 20 sec, pic it up and pry them of. Then use epoxy or whatever suitable glue you got an glue them back
That was the advice but to expect to break them and have to replace them.

Victorinox got back to me today and it turns out they do a service for under £10. If they can fix them, they will, if not, it comes back and I'll go with gluing them.

I could use a needle nose applicator to get it between the scales and knife without the need to take them off.

That was the advice but to expect to break them and have to replace them.

Victorinox got back to me today and it turns out they do a service for under £10. If they can fix them, they will, if not, it comes back and I'll go with gluing them.

I could use a needle nose applicator to get it between the scales and knife without the need to take them off.
I have only removed the original wood scales of 3 knives, but none of them broke/cracked. The holes for the pins will most lightly be slightly damaged , so glue is necessary after.

Hopefully they can fix it for you, but jic (or for someone using this thread as a reference in the future), I've found that heating with a hair dryer works wonders for removing wood scales without damage.

Back