Victorinox Opera Mask Collection

There are three models in the chinese Opera Mask series, Card, Classic and Climber.

Are they available, NIB, to US collectors?

I believe the Chinese Opera Masks series is one of those ordered by local distributors, and as such, are only available in the country the distributor serves. Other such series included a number of African series in cellidor and coloured alox, USA/Canada red and black Pioneers, French and Italian Militaria sets, etc.

The color combination, art and foreignness of the Opera Mask appeal to me.

You can see the vic collection by googling images using the key words: Victorinox Opera Mask Collection

I would like to see them in person.

I've beat the bushes and found (& ordered) two parts of this three piece Opera Mask set: Swiss Card and Classic. The OM Climber is a dry hole. I need it NIB......

hello,

im sorry we cant help you on these, many chinese suppliers do sell fakes and use the original pics for advertising.

Thank you kindly for the warning. I don't want to buy or promote the fakes.

I've been in contact with Victorinox in Hong Kong and they have the Opera Mask collection. This is from the official Victorinox site. Email me for a link if you would like to see what I'm talking about.

I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Hong Kong Victorinox retailers don't offer mail service. You have to visit their stores.

The beautiful Mask Classic, with box and sheath, arrived from HK (looks and feels real):

04-06-2012004.jpg

Here is a mask card, no box, from mainland China (no correct box plus look and feel make me suspicious):

04-06-2012006.jpg

No joy finding a Mask Climber yet. Still looking for a Mask Swiss Card in the correct box.

Last edited:
The Opera Mask Climber is really nice as well.
(( rules violation ))

Climber%2520Opera%2520Mask.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the NIB Victorinox Mask Climber, out of Beijing via Eugene, Oregon. Yes!!!

VictorinoxMaskClimberfromBeijing002.jpg

I couldn't be more tickled.

The climber traveled with a foreign exchange student from Beijing to Eugene. I discovered it being auctioned and the seller was kind enough to change to a BIN sale on que so I could be certain of the acquisition. It worked out well for everyone.

Notice how the logo on the box is slightly different than those of nsa.

The different logo on the box would indicate that it is part of a different run - an encouraging sign of its popularity (the first run, presumably, sold out).

I got lucky lucky lucky with the crown jewel of the Beijing Opera Mask collection the Climber. Thank you. It is perfect and everything I had hoped for.

This cutlery, all of it really, that I find so appealing is never quite as satisfying as when you hold it in your hands.

Hi! I am new to this forum. I have an authentic Victorinox Beijing Chinese Opera Mask swiss army knife, new in box, unsued. It's a stunning piece of work; vibrant colors and design. I have had it for ages now. I would like to sell it. How much do you think it is worth? I understand that this is a Limited Edition.

Hi! I am new to this forum. I have an authentic Victorinox Beijing Chinese Opera Mask swiss army knife, new in box, unsued. It's a stunning piece of work; vibrant colors and design. I have had it for ages now. I would like to sell it. How much do you think it is worth? I understand that this is a Limited Edition.

Hi Sally -

In order to sell here, you have to have at least a basic level of paid membership, which is worth it as this is the place to sell a knife.

You are not allowed, as a non-paying member to ask the value of an item.

The rules are in my signature. Welcome to the forum and good luck with your Mask!

best

mqqn

Back