1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Victorinox Pocket Pal no more?

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by SubSpace, Aug 26, 2016.

1. SubSpace

SubSpace

May 26, 2011
    Is there any truth to the rumor that Victorinox will no longer be producing the Pocket Pal? I'll be saddened if it is true. It's my vacation knife that goes into checked baggage because it is inexpensive enough that if it ever does go missing from my suitcase, I can always pick up another one.
    If it's truly discontinued this will no longer be the case.

2. SAK Guy

SAK Guy

Jul 2, 2013
    If true, you better stock up...that's what I always do. :D

Looks like they aren't in the 2016 catalog, Better hit the big auction site and look for some.

3. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    My vacation knife is a Victorinox recruit. A few dollars more, but gives me flat and phillips screw drivers, bottle opener(Greatly important on vacation!), can opener, and tweezers for plucking stickers out of my foot when walking back from the beach barefoot because I was too drunk to find my flip flops. The recruit has proven a great vacation knife, and I gift it off when I leave.

4. bt93

bt93 Gold Member Gold Member

May 12, 2015
    There are plenty of companies that make two bladed knives. I always thought the pocket pal was kind of an anomaly among their offerings. I mean just blades, no bottle opener/screwdriver or anything else. It may have been the least expensive Vic, but there are others that are almost as inexpensive like the recruit and bantam.

5. NMpops

NMpops

Aug 9, 2010
    The Recruit has always been my traveling knife when flying. Goes into my checked baggage both ways ( don't give them away, too cheap) and I've yet to loose one.

6. wire edge

wire edge Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2001
    I haven't found any 2 bladed folder as thin as the Secretary! (Alox Pocket Pal)

7. wensynch

wensynch

Apr 30, 2016
    The Pocket Pal is now available in Alox as the Secretary, as mentioned. Also mentioned, it's one of the few 1 and 2 layer SAKs with a second blade, especially for the Alox SAKs aside from the prune, electrical and very rare small drop point.

Being one of the few 2 blade Vics is the reason I picked up a couple off them. Excelsior (w/ keyring), Popular (ribbed Alox), Wenger Patriot (clip blade) and a Secretary I got for a $1.

Thosee are your other alternatives of the same knife.