Victorinox Pocket Pal no more?

Is there any truth to the rumor that Victorinox will no longer be producing the Pocket Pal? I'll be saddened if it is true. It's my vacation knife that goes into checked baggage because it is inexpensive enough that if it ever does go missing from my suitcase, I can always pick up another one.
If it's truly discontinued this will no longer be the case.

If true, you better stock up...that's what I always do. :D

Looks like they aren't in the 2016 catalog, Better hit the big auction site and look for some.

Is there any truth to the rumor that Victorinox will no longer be producing the Pocket Pal? I'll be saddened if it is true. It's my vacation knife that goes into checked baggage because it is inexpensive enough that if it ever does go missing from my suitcase, I can always pick up another one.
If it's truly discontinued this will no longer be the case.

My vacation knife is a Victorinox recruit. A few dollars more, but gives me flat and phillips screw drivers, bottle opener(Greatly important on vacation!), can opener, and tweezers for plucking stickers out of my foot when walking back from the beach barefoot because I was too drunk to find my flip flops. The recruit has proven a great vacation knife, and I gift it off when I leave.

There are plenty of companies that make two bladed knives. I always thought the pocket pal was kind of an anomaly among their offerings. I mean just blades, no bottle opener/screwdriver or anything else. It may have been the least expensive Vic, but there are others that are almost as inexpensive like the recruit and bantam.

My vacation knife is a Victorinox recruit. A few dollars more, but gives me flat and phillips screw drivers, bottle opener(Greatly important on vacation!), can opener, and tweezers for plucking stickers out of my foot when walking back from the beach barefoot because I was too drunk to find my flip flops. The recruit has proven a great vacation knife, and I gift it off when I leave.

The Recruit has always been my traveling knife when flying. Goes into my checked baggage both ways ( don't give them away, too cheap) and I've yet to loose one.

I haven't found any 2 bladed folder as thin as the Secretary! (Alox Pocket Pal)

The Pocket Pal is now available in Alox as the Secretary, as mentioned. Also mentioned, it's one of the few 1 and 2 layer SAKs with a second blade, especially for the Alox SAKs aside from the prune, electrical and very rare small drop point.

Being one of the few 2 blade Vics is the reason I picked up a couple off them. Excelsior (w/ keyring), Popular (ribbed Alox), Wenger Patriot (clip blade) and a Secretary I got for a $1.

Thosee are your other alternatives of the same knife.

Back