• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Kydex Victorinox Utility Knives in Kydex Sheaths

Top's Custom Kydex

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I'm reviving an old thread with a few changes.

Years ago I read that custom knife maker Tom Krein used a Victorinox paring knife in a Kydex neck sheath as a utility knife. After finding the Swiss made beauties on line I ordered some and went about making a basic fold over sheath. I was really amazed at the way the Victorinox steel held an edge and how with a little honing they would stand up to weeks of kitchen duty and still shave.

I sold a bunch of them to backpackers because they literally weigh less than an ounce! The largest one had a 4 inch blade and tips the scale at 0.80 ounces. Adding the Kydex sheath brings it to 1.5 ounces and is a very capable knife.

If that is too heavy for you the 3.25 inch small handled paring knife weighs just over half an ounce (0.55 oz) without the sheath.

If you Google Victorinox and Kydex today you will find articles and videos on the bird's beak fruit knife. It has found favor as a defensive tool for non permissive environments. The 2.5" blade is legal most everywhere and the razor sharp blade is absolutely wicked. One of these rides in my wife's pursewith the sheaths fixed to the lining.

These knives were always on my table when I did gun shows years ago. A consistent seller they helped pay for many a table. Recently I unpacked a box and found some gun show goodies so I'm offering them here.

Once these are gone I'll probably forego the 3.25 and 3.5 inch versions and stick with the 4 inch and bird's beak knives.

The 3.25 and 3.5" versions are $25 The 4" and bird's beak are $27. This includes the knife and black Kydex fold over sheath.

20190218_140857.jpg

20181107_150116.jpg

I have two different sheath designs for the Birds Beak.

Last edited:
Somehow giving this post a “like” didn’t seem sufficient.

These really are awesome.

A54326A3-3783-43CB-A559-B0877D508F2B.jpeg

Back