Viele just arrived, Wegner Jr. Plain is on the way...

Hey all-

Yep, it's a good day to be a Spyderco nut. I just recieved a plain edge Viele (#721), and I was lucky enough to locate a few Wegner Jr.s in plain edge. Kudos to Mark at MJS for the great service, by the way.

I had contemplated picking up a Viele more than a year ago, it seems, when I first discovered this new world of online cutlery. I fondled one at a show last year as well, but I kind of felt it should have had a better steel than AUS-8. Finally after ogling the images at James Mattis' site, I decided to try and find one in plain edge. (I had given up on my quest for the ultra elusive Wegner Jr. in plain edge)

I should have bought a Viele long before this! Has a nice meaty feel to it, especially compared to the Jess Horn Lightweight I've been carrying lately. Not heavy, but substantial. Very attractive, I like the grain of the Micarta a lot. And the action is great- closer to a "custom" than to a factory issue knife. Super smooth and that ball detent lets you know it's there- great feel. And I don't so much mind the AUS-8 anymore, considering it will not see any real hard use from me. Plus, it is easier to touch up than ATS-34. The thumbhole is kinda small but works well enough, and I hate chrome pocket clips. Other than that- I'm really very happy and impressed with this knife. Spyderco knocks another one outta the park again...

Then, as if that wasn't enough, I find that there are some Wegner Jr.s available in plain edge! A couple e-mails to Mark at MJS, and BAM! it's on it's way. Can't wait to get that one, I like my large Wegner, but it's too big to take to work. Plus, I don't care for it's combo edge. So I'm loooking forward to work on Monday(for once) 'cause no matter how bad my day might get- the brown truck gods will have visited my doorstep once again.

Hmmmm, which Spyderco will be next...?
wink.gif

clip

[This message has been edited by clip point (edited 02-19-2000).]

Yea, the Viele gets my vote for most often carried. I get lots of comments on that one, my secertary even wants one now. I dont own anything else with an action like that....pure silk.

Back