Vintage Butterscotch Micarta FK!

For all of you guys who were around here back a few years ago, this one will ring a bell.

For all the people who weren't, maybe you will think this is cool.

Nathan made a handful of rare or one off FK handles back before D3V was a thing

From Jan 8, 2018.

1.jpg

3.jpg
BSFK1.jpg

It picked up a sheath scratch, so Nathan offered to acid wash it for me to correct that.

BSFKa.jpg

Here is how it looks today.

BSFK2.jpg

That same sheath scratched it again, so I will be begging Nathan for another AW, and the knife will never again see the inside of that sheath.

Hope you guys enjoyed!

I remember the bottom two in that first image. I bought them at the time of that sale. Over time, they went to other good homes,huh!?

Man, the way that butterscotch has aged over these very few years, just amazing and gorgeous,,,,,,,,

Last edited:
I remember the bottom two in that first image. I bought them at the time of that sale. Over time, they went to other good homes,huh!?

Man, the way that butterscotch has aged over these very few years, just amazing and gorgeous,,,,,,,,

And I think I picked up the second one down in that picture. Man what a nice group there.

For all of you guys who were around here back a few years ago, this one will ring a bell.

For all the people who weren't, maybe you will think this is cool.

Nathan made a handful of rare or one off FK handles back before D3V was a thing

From Jan 8, 2018.

View attachment 1153587

View attachment 1153592
View attachment 1153588

It picked up a sheath scratch, so Nathan offered to acid wash it for me to correct that.

View attachment 1153593

Here is how it looks today.

View attachment 1153589

That same sheath scratched it again, so I will be begging Nathan for another AW, and the knife will never again see the inside of that sheath.

Hope you guys enjoyed!

You surely got a winner with that butterscotch model Justin. Thanks for the updated pictures!

Actually, I now remember that I bought the bottom three of those in the first pic, shown here in an image taken on my "signature" placemat. It don't think it took long before the butterscotch landed in your hands, Justin, and I am sure happy to say it stayed with you, so we all can now see how marvelous the scales became!
xlarge.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, I now remember that I bought the bottom three of those in the first pic, shown here in an image taken on my "signature" placemat. It don't think it took long before the butterscotch landed in your hands, Justin, and I am sure happy to say it stayed with you, so we all can now see how marvelous the scales became!
xlarge.jpg

Nice Bob!!

I wonder how the Westinghouse looks now.

Back