• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Vintage Collins Hatchet (Very Nice!)

FOR SALE- Vintage Collins Hatchet- this is an unfinished project of mine from about 10 years ago. I found this hatchet at an antique store back then and profiled the edge and was planning to make a leather sheath for it. The head is tight on the handle. The edge is a hair shaving sharp convex. The handle shape is the nicest hatchet handle I've ever used and typical of the old vintage tools. The handle definitely has life left in it but being vintage of course, it might need to be replaced at some point. I have chopped some firewood with it and it easily outchopped my Gransfors Wildlife Hatchet. The hatchet weighs 26.1 ounces total or 1lb 10 oz and is 13" long. The head is slightly heavier than my Gransfor Wildlife Hatchet by about 4-5 ounces. If you're looking for vintage American steel that's already been profiled and ready for field action, this is an excellent choice. $75.00 or BEST OFFER plus $10.00 shipping to the lower 48. Will ship to AK or HI if you pay the extra shipping. Will ship with an edge guard. Paypal preferred. Sorry, no trades. Thanks for looking!

DSC_0030.jpg DSC_0008.jpg DSC_0010.jpg DSC_0011.jpg DSC_0015.jpg DSC_0016.jpg DSC_0024.jpg DSC_0027.jpg

Last edited:
Hey folks, just an FYI that this hatchet comes with an edge guard. You can also get a cheap but effective leather sheath for it off of Amazon or at many hardware stores.

Feel free to make me an offer!

DSC_0001.jpg

Back