Photos Vintage French pocket knife

Years ago this vintage French pocketknife came into my possession.
Both blades were frozen shut, but a few drops of Nano-Oil 5 weight solved that overnight, and now each blade has a very nice snap again.
Takes and holds a good edge, and due to the thin overall construction it goes unnoticed in my pocket.
I know that Pradel used to make similar models (possibly for export), but so far i haven't been able to find the manufacturer of this knife.
Maybe someone here does ?

Looks to be a vintage Pradel multitool. Blade stamp is unusual.
s-l500.jpg

Years ago this vintage French pocketknife came into my possession.
Both blades were frozen shut, but a few drops of Nano-Oil 5 weight solved that overnight, and now each blade has a very nice snap again.
Takes and holds a good edge, and due to the thin overall construction it goes unnoticed in my pocket.
I know that Pradel used to make similar models (possibly for export), but so far i haven't been able to find the manufacturer of this knife.
Maybe someone here does ?

This is a "suisse" (swiss) as the white cross shows. Unexpensive, made in Thiers in the 60-80s from "generic" parts, of more or less quality depending of the maker. This one was made by a maker of some importance, as indicated by the key (ie not by cottage industry). Most have no branding. The clip is uncommon .

There's a huge problem, most of the documentation (directories, catalogues) used the Flash technology, which has been resumed recently by Adobe. In a word 75% of the sources are lost...:mad:

Two keys :
par défaut 5.jpg

Back