"Vintage" Ontario Spec Plus Folder

Greetings to all!

It has long been "hunting" for this knife, and finally acquired ;)

I know exactly what this instance more than 10 years.
Please help in obtaining information (in what period of time was made, whether officially adopted for use, and so on)
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Wow, I would take that over the rat series in a heartbeat.
Let's get some made in USA Ontario folders! :-D

How have I never seen these before?! I love it! I can't exactly find a ton of information on them, except that they're 1095 and 4in blade, so I am VERY interested! Does anybody have any experience with them, know how good they are? Modern productions I've found are listed for anywhere from $60-90, but I think I'd rather get one of these and add a pocket clip than get a Rat-1 like I'd been planning to soon.. If I'm not overstepping my bounds, I'd suggest to you, OKC, that making the handle a little smaller and adding a tip up and down clip option would make the this one of the coolest knives I've seen in a long time. And I really don't like blacked-out knives!

The pictures I've seen of newer versions show the handle to be noticeably larger than the blade, while this older knife looks much better. This is what I mean by making the handle smaller, if that makes any sense. I think I could live with it as-is though. At any rate this is a knife I immediately want after seeing it. Good job OKC! :)

Back