vintage or old school

Hi,
please post your vintage gear, or, if it is new, it should be "old school".

47L7o8j.jpg

Gunblued multitool and a Swiss Army ammunition pounch made in 1918 !!
You can still find these on the internet

I have these Corcoran 1510 jump boots in bound.

A few subtle changes have been made to Corcoran boots over the years, but from a few feet away you'd be hard pressed to tell a 5 year old pair of 1510's from a pre 1956 pair of Corcoran jump boots.

New but old school:

lrF38Ny.jpg

mbg5zX4.jpg

EQIYb29.jpg

ruSfntV.jpg

1XiuWDP.jpg

Branding old school:

Owp9fkE.jpg

VjMRV8f.jpg

I have these Corcoran 1510 jump boots in bound.

A few subtle changes have been made to Corcoran boots over the years, but from a few feet away you'd be hard pressed to tell a 5 year old pair of 1510's from a pre 1956 pair of Corcoran jump boots.

Those are cool. Figured ya for a White's packer kinda guy.

Those are cool. Figured ya for a White's packer kinda guy.

Nah, but they are nice looking and I do love kilties when I can get 'em.
I may even think about making a set for the Corcorans when they arrive.
I have my justin conductor's in that style with the round toe for work because that's what I could find in a traditional American made boot in the required all black.
I have noticed few benefits to the round toe, but they're not my preference.
Off work I've got a pair or Thorogood plain toe wedge soles for my casual and home project wear, my dad's last pair of RO search/ Wellco combat boots for yard work, and these Corcoran 1510's will be my clean and spit shined out on the town kind of boots.
Hopefully they'll eventually look like this, but I'm not going to distress them like the person who's responsible for this photo did.

Hickory n steel Hickory n steel I used to wear Corcoran black side zip jump boots. For work. They are super comfortable.

I had a customer who had an unassuming old pair of brown jump boots in a box in his basement man cave.

When he saw mine, he wanted me to see his. His had been all over Italy in WW2. He says when he got home they were in a box of his personal stuff. He never put them back on. The caked mud was from his “vacation” in Italy.

Hickory n steel Hickory n steel I used to wear Corcoran black side zip jump boots. For work. They are super comfortable.

I had a customer who had an unassuming old pair of brown jump boots in a box in his basement man cave.

When he saw mine, he wanted me to see his. His had been all over Italy in WW2. He says when he got home they were in a box of his personal stuff. He never put them back on. The caked mud was from his “vacation” in Italy.
My dad always talking about his Corcoran jump boots with toe taps he had in the ARMY is one of the reasons I wanted to own a pair of Corcoran boots.
He was at one point used as a boot Guinea pig and had a number of pairs of experimental boots as well as his jump boots, it's a shame everything but his last issued pair of combat boots were lost in a move at some point because we've got the same shoe size and he no longer wears boots.
Could have been interesting to have some of those boots re-soled and on my feet.

Btw heres my favorite piece of vintage old school leather.
My dad made this wallet as a boy scout project in the 60's and gave it to me as a kid.
It's been with me every day since I first needed a wallet.

Last edited:
View attachment 1334518 View attachment 1334520

I have these because they have prestolite acetylene keys. Which you would think means plumbing or welding for a torch. It’s actually for head lights on very early cars.

I just read the history of Harley Davidson’s use of Preto-O-Lite acetylene lights on their motorcycles before the 1920’s, cool stuff that I didn’t know about before your reference, thanks :cool: https://www.hdforums.com/articles/prest-o-lite-early-harley-lighting/

KnifeRep KnifeRep that was an interesting article. Thanks. I’ve always wanted one of the camp knives with the square hole in the screw driver/cap lifter. But they are worth far more than I’m willing to pay.

I wish someone would bring it back. Plumbers welders &HVAC guys would love it. Not to mention the old car guys.

Last edited:
KnifeRep KnifeRep that was an interesting article. Thanks. I’ve always wanted one of the camp knives with the square hole in the screw driver/cap lifter. But they are worth far more than I’m willing to pay. View attachment 1337803

I wish someone would bring it back. Plumbers welders &HVAC guys would love it. Not to mention the old car guys.
First thing I thought of when I saw that square hole hole was roller skates.
(How many of y’all relate to that)

Back