• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Vinyl decals & show banners

Anyone interested in vinyl decals or vinyl banners, please feel free to contact me. I can make your logo or design something for you. I've been doing vinyl graphics for almost six years now and about a year and a half ago finally decided that I should try doing it commercially. I'll post a few pics of some of the work I've done here in this thread. Shoot me a PM if you think you might like a quote. Thanks for looking.

Larry

This decal is two colors (white over silver) and I used 5-6 year vinyl. BladeForums member.

This is a friend who had a really good idea to do mobile knife sharpening. He also works on Saturdays at a local Farmers' Market - I've seen him knock down over $400.00 in less than 4 hours!

A banner for knife sharpening.

A 2' x 4' banner for a sandwich shop.

From a tattoo. Was told I couldn't replicate it to cut it. LOL!

Last edited:
I'm not necessarily in the market, but some pricing examples might help.

Allen,
I'll be happy to post some pricing guidelines. I'm actually still editing and adding photos so I haven't gotten that far yet. If you ever decide that you do need anything along these lines please let me know - I'll be happy to help. Thanks for looking. :thumbup:

Larry

Allen raised a good point about listing out pricing examples. I will post what I would normally charge for the examples in the pics I have posted up to this point and establish pricing for BladeForum members:

Pic #1: This was a free, 2 color decal that would normally sell for $20.00. For BladeForum members $15.00 +shipping (USPS). A single color decal like this would be $10.00 +shipping (USPS). I made this as a "Thank you" for a forum member. See the original thread at: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7803581&posted=1#post7803581

Pic #2: This was done for a friend when I first was considering doing this commercially. It was also a freebie. I normally charge $40.00 for this - BladeForum members $30.00.

Pic #3: Another freebie. For vinyl banners like this you can figure about $5.00/sq. ft. and for BladeForum members about $3.75 -$4.00/sq. ft. depending on how many colors and complexity.

Pic #4: $40.00 to the sandwich shop I was dealing with.

Pic #5: This would be a $10.00 decal.

As a rule of thumb I sell:

Vinyl banners at $5.00/sq. ft.

Decals smaller than 10" x 10" go for $12.00 down to $5.00, but wholesale pricing for larger quantities would be less (per quote).

I hope this is helpful. If anyone has questions please feel free to ask. I will try to respond as quick as I can. Thanks again for looking. :thumbup:

Larry

i'm going to need a huge one for the side of my Mini Cooper. my local place closed up shop. so how does the size thing work as i kinda want it fitted to my body panels

:thumbup:prices are good :thumbup:
I ran a Gerber cutter and the digital department for Studio Displays in Charlotte NC before my current Job.

i'm going to need a huge one for the side of my Mini Cooper. my local place closed up shop. so how does the size thing work as i kinda want it fitted to my body panels

You could take brown trash bags, cut them to make them flat.
Tape some together and hold it on the area you want logo'd.
Draw area pannel.
Ship drawing in tube to him to scale by :)

JTKnives,

Thank you for the inquiry. You have mail. I'll be happy to quote you. I think blgoode had a great idea regarding the trash bags. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: That would absolutely work.

Larry

:thumbup:prices are good :thumbup:
I ran a Gerber cutter and the digital department for Studio Displays in Charlotte NC before my current Job.

Brian,

Thank you, Sir. I am sure you probably saw what I see occasionally when you had that job: A customer requests a quote, thinks you're too high, shops around and then comes back to you because your prices weren't so bad, after all. LOL! I run into "that customer" from time to time. :)

You could take brown trash bags, cut them to make them flat.
Tape some together and hold it on the area you want logo'd.
Draw area pannel.
Ship drawing in tube to him to scale by :)

This was a really great idea. Thanks. :thumbup:

Larry

Larry,

I emailed you a few days back re logo design questions. Did you get it?

Thanks, Phil

Larry,

I emailed you a few days back re logo design questions. Did you get it?

Thanks, Phil

Phil,

I did get it. I just checked my email this evening and have been working on all the replies I need to send out. As we speak I am playing with a few ideas.

Larry

JTKnives,

Thank you for the inquiry. You have mail. I'll be happy to quote you. I think blgoode had a great idea regarding the trash bags. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: That would absolutely work.

Larry

What colors can you print? I'm thinking black on white or maybe some other color depending one what you can do.
here is a post i did a little while ago about my car logo. this picture with the black and white checker Bord pattern is what I'm thinking
3837021863_37134de62d_o.jpg

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=669205&page=3

Last edited:
What colors can you print? I'm thinking black on white or maybe some other color depending one what you can do.
here is a post i did a little while ago about my car logo. this picture with the black and white checker Bord pattern is what I'm thinking
3837021863_37134de62d_o.jpg

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=669205&page=3

JTknives,

Let me clarify that I don't do any printing of the graphics. I outsource all printing to a friend who has the equipment (high dollar printing press). What I do is cut vinyl graphics and do design work. The white decals that you had in the first picture in the other post is like what I offer. I get wholesale pricing from my friend, but I still have to do the design work and put it in a format he can print. I can get you fixed up either way. Please let me know if I can help you in anyway.

Larry

Last edited:
You could do that design in black and white vinyl with the red letters reversed out no problem. No need for a laminate over a print and the vinyl will hold up much nicer.

Back